CHAPTER 25.

"NO no no! It can't be. How the fuck can she gain powers?! Is it mean that Delusia..." The master, old vampire widened his eyes as realizations drawn upon him like lightning. He looked at Sumedh with horror as he gave him a confused expression.

"Did you see that right Sumedh?" He doubted his words.

"Absolutely yes, master. I clearly saw the sparkles oozing out from her palms and it was so powerful that I was forced to get out of her room. What was it, master?" A very long pause.

"It's nothing. Go and look after her, make sure she won't flee." nodded, Sumedh took his leave, leaving a confused master behind him.

"No, Delusia! You're dead, dead, dead. A dead person can't control over her. The crown is with me now. I will not let Mallika understand her powers. I'll not let you win this time." He gritted his teeth so hard as his eyes turned pitch black and an evil laugh echoed in the empty room.

━━━━━━ ◦ ♥️ ◦ ━━━━━━

Meanwhile, Mallika was perplexed about her own reaction just an hour ago.

'What was that?'

'Do I have any powers?'

'But how on earth that can be possible?'

These were the questions her mind repeated about a hundred times yet she hadn't found any conclusion.

She looked at her hands and tried to create the magical sparks again but this time it was all normal like nothing had happened.

But something was bothering her as if something was forcing her brain to open up for someone. She couldn't resist it.

She thought to take a round at the palace so that she could find something or someone that could help her to fight against the upcoming dangers.

She tiptoed towards the door and slowly opened it. The light outside directly came into her eyes and made her eyes squint a bit. She became shocked to see the huge mansion in front of her standing in all its glory. She was on the third floor from where the giant architecture of the palace was clearly visible.

'He lives here all by himself? And where is he now?'

With those questions running in her mind, she made her way down the stairs.

The whole mansion looked creepy despite all its majestic views. The scary dim yellow and red lights were glowing in every corner giving it a bone-chilling mysterious vibe.

Every place, there lay danger.

Ancient pictures and human skulls were hanging on the wall. With every step, she discovered more weird things that she had to press her palm to her mouth to prevent herself from making any type of noise.

As she walked she could feel hundred of gazes toward her but when she looked back, there was none. She got scared at first, as her heartbeat accelerated. In the midst of, hollowness it was clearly heard.

Some pair of shining eyes were looking in her direction when in an instant a swarm of bats passed over her head making her flinched back in fear, letting out a small cry.

She gulped down as sweat beads dripped from her already exposed skin through the thin shirt. The bruises on her sensitive nipples made her cry out in pain whenever the droplets of sweat made contact with it. It hurt a lot.

Suddenly she heard some abstract noises coming from an individual room. It sounded like someone was crying.

Out of curiosity, she made her way slowly to that particular direction as with each step the sound became louder.

A familiar smell hit her nostrils as she quickly understood it was Sumedh's Villian perfume. It was a typical signature style of him— she could recognize with closed eyes.

With a deep breath, she slowly opened the room door only to notice it was pitch dark except for a single candle lighting the adjacent.

In a far corner, she could figure out it was indeed him, sitting nearby the bed while hugging a photo frame near his chest, sobbing silently.

For the very first time, she saw him in a state of breakdown. He was sounding so broken at that moment. For a second, she almost forgot that was the monster who killed so many without any remorse.

'What is it bothering you so much, beloved?' Please tell me. She would thought.

She took a slow but steady step towards him as he didn't notice her or did he? He was weeping like a kid without giving a single damn about his surroundings.

When she was a meter away from him she noticed it was a picture of an elderly woman— though she couldn't make out her face properly in the darkness.

"Su-Sumedh..."