An expensive doll must be kept in a glass case

Intelligent, sensible, talented, tall, pretty-handsome, and responsible at such a young age. Kang Taehyun being the best kid around the town where every parent wants their sons and daughters to be more like him.

Taehyun was raised to follow his parents' orders and laws believing that he would have a good life in the future if he does so.

As the only child in the Kang family, all of his parents' attention was poured at him, giving him the best things that he needs and wants. Although Taehyun was never a materialistic person, not even as a kid, his parents tend to spoil him with toys and such.

In exchange, he wasn't allowed to play outside because the kids there would never be a good example for him, fearing that Taehyun might grow rebellious like the other kids.

The school where Taehyun attends was known for having kids that are well-mannered, skillful, and smart. His parents think that they would be a good example for their son, especially because most of them are years older than Taehyun.

Yes, Taehyun is younger than most of his classmates. As a kid with a higher IQ than the average, he started going to school at the age of 3. He was a few months old, less than 6 months, when he learned his first word. At the age of 1, Taehyun can construct a full sentence to converse with his parents, he can already construct 3–4-word sentences leaving his parents in surprise for having a very bright kid.

At the age of 3 to 4, he already knew how to read, write, and do math with a bit of struggle, making him at the age 5 reading, writing, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing smoothly with no worries. Him skipping a whole year made him younger than most of his classmates in his primary years.

A genius indeed.

No wonder other parents love him so much. In addition to his lovable characteristics, Taehyun's also a social butterfly. He helps his classmates who struggle without asking for anything in return, just being his friend is enough as a payment.

He became the school's favorite student for he also works harder than any other kids because being a genius was not enough without a little effort. 

Even at such a young age, Taehyun values his grades but that never hinders him from playing with his primary school friends and discovering things that might also be his talent.

Just like how he discovered he was actually good at singing, dancing, and drawing. The school of course knew these kinds of things. They made Taehyun compete with other schools and as expected, Kang Taehyun kept on giving them the glory they wanted. 

He graduated from his primary school as a valedictorian, entering his 7th grade at the age of 12 which is one year younger than the usual middle schooler age.

As he grew older, Taehyun suddenly craved for more freedom. He always sees his classmates and schoolmates play basketball and soccer after school, they go to pc cafés to enjoy their middle school years, go out on weekends to hang out and such. It made Taehyun realize that his parents were more uptight than he thought they were.

He wasn't allowed to hang out with his friends after school, he had to go home if he didn't have any school activities left to do. 

He also wasn't allowed to go out on weekends because he had to use those days reviewing his lessons for the whole week.

As a social butterfly, he craved more socialization with his classmates. He wanted to make more friends and hang out with them. 

One day, during their final semester, one of his friends invited him to hang out after school, although he was reluctant on accepting his friend's offer, deep inside, he wanted to say yes. But his friend was way more persistent than he thought, he pestered Taehyun until he said yes.