The warmth I felt with the winter breeze

A month had passed as the air got colder. Breeze of December winter can be felt everywhere in the province of Daegu. Passage of small frosts and flurries that got carried by the wind tickled Beomgyu's nose, making him sneeze a little. His hands were turning pink as he subtly tucked it under his armpits, seeking some little warmth despite it meeting a thick clothing rather than a direct contact with his own skin.

He's not that good with cold temperatures and he had always hated the winter season for making his fingers numb, preventing him from playing the guitar for a longer time. The huge padded jacket weighs his entire stature, feeling slightly heavy from all the layers he wear. He feels his body nearly freezing as the wind finds its way to slip into the crevices of his clothes to reach his fragile flesh.

Damn, this is not a good idea, he thought. He sniffed from the cold and licked his lips, tasting the lip balm he used to avoid chapping from the winter weather.

He has been contemplating to change his mind and just turn back and go home, however, whenever his eyes got a glimpse of that little smile and wide excited eyes, how could he simply disappoint his little sunshine?

Beomgyu couldn't help but chuckle while indulging himself from the sight of a giddy Taehyun beside him. His flushed ears and nose from the weather makes him extra cute, and the fluffy white padded coat with his beige scarf made him look like he's swimming in the thick fabric.

He knew he had been staring a little longer than he supposed to (not like it was a new thing). His eyes had found the little dip on Taehyun's cheek amusing as ever as he unconsciously and impulsively reached out of Taehyun's cheek, startling himself when he poked it slightly. Soft. Rice cake.

A whine was heard from Taehyun when the younger felt a cold touch from the action. He weakly slapped Beomgyu's hand that made the older giggle, earning him an adorable huff and scrunched nose.

"Sorry, you just look so cute."

The younger rolled his eyes and huffed once more, creating a small white cloud from his breath. Taehyun lifted his scarf up to his mouth and lowered his head to muffle himself on the scarf. Beomgyu knew it was a poor attempt to hide his embarrassment when the red spreaded out at the tip of his ears that was peeking through the knitted fluff.

"I'm not." He denied.

"Yeah you are. You look excited."

"Hmm. It could be better." Taehyun kicked the small pebble. Beomgyu could imagine Taehyun forming a small pout, adorably jutting his plush lips from the slight disappointment.

"I'll inform them earlier next time, I promise."

The other three were supposed to be with them. It's what Taehyun and Beomgyu planned after the first time the younger cut classes. But due to prior commitments with their families, they weren't able to join the other two, hence Taehyun and Beomgyu left alone to go to the neighboring town before their winter break.

And here they are, walking towards the stop to ride the same bus, with both of them cleared from any family schedule. Beomgyu wasn't included on their family trip, telling him to stay home and guard the house like a dog, while Taehyun's parents never really left for any trip, not even for the younger boy's birthday or any occasion. Plus, his parents are out and will come home later for some unknown specific reason.

All Taehyun knew was they were doing some paperworks he most probably won't understand, but the given chance of him being out for some few more hours isn't really bad so he wouldn't wish to complain nor question his parents.

The small chatters around and the sound of passing cars filled their short silence. And as they sat on the icy cold metal at the bus stop, Beomgyu felt his whole body shivering from the contact.