Chapter 7

Bokuto's POV

I watched as Akaashi disappeared out the door. 

"No!" Kuroo grabbed my arm. 

"We don't know how many men are out there. You are going to get yourself killed." 

"I have to protect him! Don't you understand!" I tried to pull my arm away. 

"You'll protect him by protecting yourself." Kuroo forced me to sit in a chair. I got up and started pacing. We all sat in silence before the door opened. I saw Akaashi walking in, Tendou slung over his shoulder. His leg had a tourniquet on it. 

"Keiji get away from him, he's a monster." I just stared at Tendou, wanting him off Keiji especially after what he just did. 

"I'm not really in a mood right now. Where the hell is Lightning?" I watched as he looked around. "No? I'll be back." He walked down the hall. It was quiet for a long few minutes till he came back down the hall. I watched as he walked by, ignoring the pleas of everybody. He walked outside, into the dark. We sat there in silence until I heard screaming. I rushed outside, he sat on his knees. His head in his hands, screaming as loud as he could. 

I rushed over to him, pulling him into my arms. He just cling to me, sobbing. It made my heart break because of how broke he was. 

"I know Keiji. I'm so sorry," I picked him up, carrying him inside. I walked back into the conference room. "Let's get this meeting over with," I said over my shoulder. Everybody slowly filed into the room. The meeting wasn't as long as I thought it would be, Akaashi slept in my lap the entire time. 

Everybody slowly left, eventually the house was empty by 11 pm. I took Akaashi to my room, stripping him of the suit. I noticed he had blood stains on the back of his neck that ran down the back of his suit. I searched his entire body, not finding anywhere it could've came from. It probably came from Tendou. I laid Akaashi in the bed, covering him in blankets before going to the infirmary. 

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot you." I leaned against the doorway, flipping a coin between my fingers. 

"I wasn't trying to kill the dog. It just happened to be a flaw in my plan." Tendou turned from the spot he was sitting in. "And we all know you wouldn't do it because of your precious Akaashi." He said thickly. 

"Whether I use you as a decoration or not is not his concern." 

"You'd better hope that is true," he grabbed a glass that was on the bedside table and took a long drink. "Speak of the devil..." I turned around to see Leena. 

"Mr. Koutaro?" She fiddled with her fingers. 

"Yes Leena?" 

"I think something is wrong with Akaashi. He woke up screaming," she frowned. 

"This isn't done," I said over my shoulder before following Leena to my room. "Leena can you make sure our guest is comfortable and has provisions? You can ask Washio to take him to a empty room." 

"Yes sir," she dipped her head before veering in a different direction. I went into my room and closed the door. Akaashi was sitting up, hyperventilating. I rushed over pulling off my jacket. 

"Akaashi, you're okay. I'm right here." I pulled him into my arms. I rocked him as he gasped for breath. His arms shakily wrapped around me. He suddenly gasped and jumped out of the bed. He ran down the hall. "Keiji!" I ran following him into my office. 

"They're alive!" He sat on his knees next to a box. 

"Papers, Keiji?" I walked over. 

"No, Lightning had puppies a few days ago," he sniffed, laughing.