Chapter 28

Akaashi's POV 

Another month has went by of me being in America. Bokuto has came to the bar every day since to learn english from me. And with Christmas coming up in a few days I had to admit, that I was going to be sad I wasn't going to spend my first Christmas as a married man with Bokuto. Though, I have been subtly hinting that I was myself and not just some random number on a napkin, but I don't think he was getting the hint. But sure, these things take time. 

"It feels weird calling you by numbers and not a name," Bokuto chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Your English has gotten pretty good I have to admit," I smiled under my mask, I knew he couldn't see my face, though that was the point. 

I had chose this bar for this specific purpose. It's a bartender confident bar, which meant we always had our faces covered so that we wouldn't be recognized on the street. Proven to be useless against a Mafia boss, who just so happened to walk into the bar that I worked at. But he's gotta find out out some point right?

I had to admit, I was going crazy without him for the first few months. Besides being abstinent, it's hard to shift from sleeping with somebody to sleeping without them. And I literally had nobody to talk to except the dogs. Don't get me wrong, they're great company, just not when I want to have a conversation with responses. I full on admitted to being me one night because he convinced to get drunk. 

flashback

"Okay, okay. Scotch is disgusting. But it's the only thing you order, and you get soooo drunk," I giggled as Bokuto made a face while drinking the scotch. 

"A little bit. I'm not sure why. What about you, what gets you drunk?"

"Ooooh, sneaky. Should I really tell you that though?" 

"Why not?" He laughed as he continued to drink his scotch. "How about rum shots?" He looked me up and down, almost seemingly challenging me. That was the one thing that got me very drunk. And he must've known by now I was who he was looking for. Or it was a wild guess, both very plausible options. 

I shook my head and poured him another scotch. 

"I will take a shot of rum meanwhile, this scotch is on me," I set the glass in front of him and pulled out a bottle of rum. I pulled out a shot glass and topped it, putting the bottle back. 

"Ready?" He grabbed his scotch. I nodded. "3. 2. 1!" I downed my shot as he tried to chug the glass of scotch. I set the small glass in the sink and waited for him to finish his scotch. The taste of rum lingered in my throat, is burned a lot. I could feel the effects. It was very dizzying. But if I drank anymore, I wouldn't be thinking a coherent thought right now. 

"Come on grandpa, don't take that long to finish a scotch," I tapped the bottom edge of his glass, making the ice fall into his mouth. 

"Oh fuck you," he coughed, spitting the ice back into the glass. 

"I bet you'd like to," I grabbed the two empty glasses and set them in the sink. I could tell he was really drunk now. When he came, he would usually just drink half a scotch, but now he has drank two full glasses. "Hey, you haven't updated me. Have you found Keiji yet?" I leaned on the counter. 

"I have not," he sighed. 

"What if i told you he was closer than you thought?" 

"Then you'd be lying." 

"I'm him, and it's funny you haven't seen that-"

"Who are you?" I paused as Konoha walked up to the counter.