Chapter 29

Akaashi's POV 

It was weird. I panicked as I woke up in my bed not alone. I was used to only sleeping with the dogs splayed all over me, but what I was not expecting was somebody else with their arms wrapped around my waist. I was terrified that I was kidnapped, or even that Mohambe's old men had found me. 

But no, it was Bokuto. Who was heavy as all get out on top of me. I sat up and looked around, wondering where the dogs were. They had made a literal dog pile on my side of the bed. I nudged Storm, who was on the bottom, with my foot. He looked at me with tired eyes and started biting at his brother. Thunder growled and started biting him back. Rain who was between the two, put her paw over Storm's muzzle and nudged Thunder off of her back. Thunder nipped her tail as she started walking to the other room, which caused her to yelp. 

Storm jumped up and followed her out, Thunder following close behind. I was surprised this hadn't woken up Bokuto. I followed the dogs out and hooked them to a leash to bring them outside. I grabbed the key off of the counter and took the dogs out to the back yard of the apartment building. I could see the back of Kayla's head as I walked out, she was squatting down over something. 

"Kay?" She whipped her head around. 

"Kit! Look what Beau got me!" She carefully picked up a little puppy that was rolling in the grass. 

"He's gorgeous!" I pulled the leashes tight as the dogs ran over to sniff the puppy. 

Beau is Kayla's fiancé. They've known each other since they were kids, and surprisingly had been dating since they started middle school. So dated for 9 years, and have been engaged for 4 months. 

"I have something to tell you," I unhooked the dogs and they went off to do their business. Kayla set the puppy by her feet and turned towards me. 

"Are you moving or something?" 

"I'm pregnant!" She cheered. 

"Are you serious?" My eyes widened. 

"I-I took the test a month ago. And I went to the doctor a week ago, and she said I'm approximately 3 months."

"Oh my god. Kay, that's great!" I pulled her into a tight hug, "have you told Beau yet?" 

"No. I just got Twinkle early this morning so she wasn't sitting by herself for too long. Wait, you should come over, just for that gift. I insist."

"Sure. Only for that though, I left Bo sleeping upstairs." 

"Deal!" She picked up Twinkle and waited for me to leash up the dogs before leading me to her apartment. "Beau! I brought Kit up from outside with me. It's brief."

"Hi Kit! How are you?" Beau came over and hugged me, making sure to pet each of the dogs. 

"Good, good."

"Kays tells me your husband is here." 

"Yeah. He's still sleeping, no excuse not to do my morning routine."

"True true."

"Beau. I just want Keiji to see this gift real quick then he has to go back to his apartment," Kayla grabbed a wrapped box from around their tree and handed it to Beau. I hooked the dog's leashes around my waist and grabbed Kayla's phone from off the counter. I positioned it and started recording. 

"What is it?"

"Well if you open it you'll fine out," Kayla nudged him with her hip. She hoisted herself up onto the counter in front of him. He unwrapped the box and set it in her lap. He pulled the box open and gasped.