Chapter 22

Akaashi's POV 

"He doesn't do photography," I stared at my mother as she cackled. "He just can't seem to listen to his master." 

"Wait what do you mean master?" Bokuto rubbed his face and looked around at everybody. 

"He's a whore. All whores have a master," she batted her eyelashes. 

"He's gay, not for you," I got close to her face. 

"Keiji. What is she talking about?" 

"Let's just say, he's pretty experienced in having his mouth full." 

"Get to the point Belladonna," Kuroo groaned. 

"Mohambe? Ring a bell? He's our particular master." 

"Your master," I glared at her. 

"Oh you know you love him." She sighed. 

"Mom. My idea of a fun night was not being sold to people for hundreds of thousands of dollars to be a sex toy."

"You had a purpose-"

"Purpose my ass! My entire childhood was filled with 24/7 sex, drugs and abuse. You were sooo happy when dad died now that you could-"

"Don't you dare disrespect him like that!" She snapped. 

"-now that you could whore around. But that wasn't enough, you had to make me suffer too because I was your living reminder of him. You just couldn't wait to take my stepfather's money as soon he died. You just couldn't stand the thought of someone replacing dear husband. So your first husband dies, you marry a month after. Then he dies from whatever fucked up shit he was involved in. His kids are shipped off to grandparents because they didn't trust you even though you adopted them. And I'm glad they left, because if they hadn't they'd have lived the same life I had. You just always had to drag me along to clean up your mess and get involved in your problems." 

"You don't understand!" 

"What do I not understand mom? What do I not understand. Please educate me." 

"A part of me died when your father passed. I was so heart broken. I tried to take my own life, the only escape I had was drugs. And when money ran low, I needed something. Your stepfather had his uses. Sex. Money. Drug connections. And don't even tell me that he was a good man. I know he was, but my druggy mind was only focused on the next time I was getting high. Where were you supposed to go? Lia's house? She didn't want anything to do with me after you stepfather died because that was her brother. What about Suna? You had him? I spared you when I could. When they tried to give you off when you were already laying dead. I would throw myself out there for you, and you would stay with Rintarou for the night. Only to be thrown out into the ring the next day. They removed my reproductive organs so that I wouldn't get pregnant. Thought they were helping somehow." She scoffed. "So yes. I am a horrible person but I helped you when I could."

"I thought your mom died from cancer after having you. And your dad remarried. And your stepmom wouldn't let you see his family?" Bokuto looked between my mother and I. 

"Nope. His father died from cancer when he was little, I remarried. And his stepfather's family didn't want any connection to me. But they adored him. His stepfather would sneak him over sometimes." 

"I don't even know what's a lie and what isn't," Bokuto shook his head. 

"What do you want to know? I'm in such a great mood, and I'm already going to lose everything." 

"Did you...do you actually even love me?" I looked over at Bokuto, my heart breaking when I saw his face. I had gotten so caught up in this lie I called my life, that I hadn't even realized the people I dragged along with me. "Before you answer, please no more lies from this point forward." 

"Yes. I did and still do love you. I lied about my family life to protect myself from getting found out. Everything from the beginning, me telling you all of his information. Hide outs, normal routines. Just coincidence? No. I lived in those hide away and lived those normal routines." 

"So when we had sex, and you told me that that was your first time. That was a lie?" 

"That was my first time having consensual sex. What was I supposed to tell you? You're the two hundred and fifty second guy I've had inside me? No, because you would have left had you known that."

"252? You counted?" My mother looked at me bewildered. 

"Yes mom. 252. Endless days months weeks and years of torture." 

"What do you mean found out?" Kuroo asked. 

"My stepfather's family knew about what my mom was doing, and they knew she dragged me along. What do you think she meant by 'what he was caught up in'? My stepfather worked for Mohambe. Which meant his family did. Which means they knew I left Mohambe. And if I had told you it was my stepfather, then you would've made the connection. And I was trying to protect them because they didn't want to be connected to them anymore." 

"So. They used to work with him, and they left?" 

"Yes. They were being protected by something like the witness protection program. And if you knew who my stepfather was, you would've killed them. I couldn't live with that."

"That's why the children went with their grandparents, so they weren't involved with me. Because I can never get out of this. I'm in an indebted loop." 

The room went into an awkward silence. They sat there for a good ten minutes before I spoke up. 

"Why did you try to kill Bokuto? Especially at his wedding." I bit my lip to keep from crying. 

"Because that's what I was ordered to do. I was ordered by Mohambe, to kill you." 

"Keiji? Why?" Bokuto sat up in his chair and narrowed his eyes at my mother. 

"Because he knew you sold him out," her lip quavered. "And now I've said too much." She grabbed Kuroo's pistol from his holder and shot herself. Kenma let out a squeak and hid his head behind Kuroo. I just stared, not comprehending what was going on. Bokuto's phone started ringing. 

"Konoha now isn't really-" 

"It's an unidentified drug. At first I thought it was some anesthesia, but it's not! It's something I haven't seen before i-"

"Keiji's mom just shot herself."

"O-oh. I... I'll call later."  Bokuto shoved his phone back in his pocket. 

"Keij-"

"I just need fresh air," I shoved my way past everybody and went outside. Kenma trailed after me. He motioned to a spot next to him. I sighed, sitting next to him. He handed me a lit cigarette. 

"Smoked before?" 

"Handful of times." I took a big puff until I could feel it in my throat. "Hah... Who would've thought." We sat out there for a little until Bokuto came out. 

"I'm gonna help Kuroo clean up..." Kenma went inside. Bokuto sat beside me. I handed him the cigarette. 

"What now?" I looked to him after he handed it back. He shrugged. "Are we... are we good? Are we going to get divorced?" 

"Is that what you want?" I winced at his words. 

"No. I don't even want to be thinking about it right now. It's just all the thoughts are running through my head about all of the lies I've told and how I've dragged you along and all of the pain I'm causing you and how it feels like my mom is dying the second time over even though she wasn't actually dead the first time and how I put my stepfather's family at risk and they could-" 

"Hey hey hey! It's okay." He pulled me into a hug. "It's gonna be okay. We'll sort this out. I just... I just would like if we could start from the beginning of your story and you fix some parts with the truth." I nodded vigorously. I paused before telling my story and fixing some parts. Bokuto asked questions along the way, which helped him and I understand some parts better. 

"You wanna go home?" I had my head in his lap. I nodded. I wanted to forget that it had happened. I wanted to go home and go to sleep, and reset.