Chapter 27

Bokuto's POV

"Okay. So, the airport is here. And there isn't very many places here. Keiji still had money in that old account. Which means he had enough to get an apartment here. Not super expensive but not super cheap..." I watched everything out the window as the taxi driver drove me through the city. Though Keiji had been here for at least two months which gave him the advantage, I wasn't going to let that stop me.

"We're here."

"Huh? Oh, you speak English... Uh. How many?"

"10 bucks." I had to really think about what he was saying.

"100?"

"10." I just pulled out an American 20 and handed it to the driver. I got out of the car and looked around. Maybe a bar will help. Now alcohol was something I definitely knew in English. I walked into the nearest one. It was really dark and dimly lit, more like a nightclub than a bar.

Several people were crowded around the bar to watch the soccer games. Or football, whatever they call it here. All of the bartenders had purge masks on. Strange, though interesting. I shoved myself in between the crowd of people and found a seat. I tapped the counter.

"Can I have a scotch on the rocks?"

"They speak English here." One of the bartenders came up to me.

"And you don't?"

"I do. It's my first. Japanese is my second."

"Can I see your face?"

"What fun is that?" I watched as the bartender reached over to grab a bottle of liquor and a glass.

"Hey the tattoo on your neck. What does it say?"

"What's it to you?" He brushed his hair back over it.

"Just wondering. Thank you." I pulled the glass closer as he sat it down.

"Name of my lover."

"Oh? Who's the lucky girl?"

"Well. She's a he. So," he chuckled. "Are you new around here?"

"You could say that," I shrugged, taking a swig of the bitter liquid.

"Hey cat eyes we're stocked over here!" Another bartender in a similar mask called him over.

"I have to go-"

"Wait. What is your name?"

"I can't tell you."

"How can I see you again?"

"I work here everyday. Just come by tomorrow around the same time." He walked off to join the other bartenders.

Something about him just seemed so familiar. I need it to be Keiji, I prayed it was Keiji. But I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Keiji's POV

I've been here for already 3 months and he's found me. I simply laughed at the thought.

"Everything okay over there? Looked a bit tense," Kayla eyed Bokuto up and down.

"That's him," I covered her mouth as she loudly gasped. "Shut up!" I laughed.

"Kei he's so pretty," she cooed. I shot a look at Bokuto as he looked at Kayla after she said the nickname.

Kayla was the only person I knew here. She lives next door to me. And I told her everything. Well. Almost everything. She knew that Bokuto and I are on a break, and that Keiji is my real name. But since we're in America, it's Kit. Her suggestion. It was the closest thing to my name she could think of. I went over as he continued to stare.