Chapter 25

Keiji's POV

I was pissed at myself. I thought I was doing okay, then I pulled what I pulled. I really don't deserve Bokuto with how forgiving he is. And yet here I am, thinking about all that when I should be thinking about this briefing.

Bokuto when I had previously done this had me wear short sleeve shirts, but since we were going out he let me wear a long sleeve shirt. We were currently sitting at Aoba Johsai getting a briefing on a mission some of us were being chosen to go on. It looked likely none of the bosses were going except for one. We received the first half of this brief a couple weeks ago when we had training here, though now we were hearing who was chosen by mass vote to go to this mission.

"So, it's a training mission. We are sending a few of you just for a test run before we send anybody else. The people who have chosen are by mass vote of everybody. Each person voted on two people from each organization. I had all the medics tally all our votes, so thanks to them." There was a quiet round of applause.

"From Aoba Johsai, Shigeru Yahaba and Oikawa Tooru. From Karasuno, Kageyama Tobio and Sugawara Koshi. From Nekoma, Kozume Kenma. And from Fukurodani, Bokuto Keiji."

"You're not sending them with any medics?" Iwaizumi looked from Kuroo to Daichi.

"No. But I can guarantee they'll make it just fine. Everybody knows how to take care of basic boo-boos correct?" Everyone murmured and chuckled. "I'll take that as a yes. As long at you don't start seeing the cartoon birds when you're bleeding then you'll be okay." Daichi muttered sarcastically as he flipped through papers.

"That all?" Kuroo looked around. "Okay, cool. People who were chosen to leave, you know who you are. Briefing for that is at Fukurodani, so you'll be departing with them. You'll be leaving first thing Friday morning. So day after tomorrow." Everybody said their goodbye's and left.

"The extra car is out back," Bokuto threw the keys to Oikawa.

"Got it," the group of people chosen to go followed Oikawa out.

"Do you really think I should be going to this Bo?" I whispered.

"Is there a reason you shouldn't?" He looked at me, perplexed.

"No."

"What are you worried about?" He grabbed my hand and gently swung our arms.

"It's nothing," I shrugged.

"Agaashiiii," he whined.

"I'll just miss you. That's all."

"Awww, my Agaashi is so sweet," he nuzzled my neck.

"Please make it home before you start fucking in the car!" Konoha yelled from the back row.

"Coming from you Konoha? Who was the lady I heard from your room the other night? Maybe a boy?" Bokuto gave a cheeky grin as he looked into the back row.

"Finally Konoha getting busy," Washio threw his arm around Konoha's shoulders.

"How do you two deal with him?" Konoha wrinkled his brow in disgust as Washio tugged him around.

"I don't know. Because we love him?" Yuki shrugged, Kaori seemly agreeing.

"Don't worry, your love will come at some point," Kaori patted Konoha's knee.

"You're stuck with us for now," Onaga reached over and slugged him.

"Ugh..." Konoha groaned and went limp. I looked into the backseat and smiled.

"You've got a good family here," I leaned against Bokuto's shoulder.

"It's your family too," he rubbed my arm.

"Yeah. You ready for the mission?"

"Well I'm not going. Are you ready for the mission?"

"I guess," I shrugged, sighing.

"What's on your mind baby owl?" Bokuto's wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his head in my lap.

"Nothing much. I'm just tired," I shrugged, running my hands through his hair.

"You seem very tired these days, everything okay?" He looked up at me.

"Yeah. Y'know, just not getting a lot of sleep. Always something with me," I scoffed.

"Hey, don't talk like that. Like y-you're some kind of issue. You're not. You're a human person who is allowed to have feelings. Maybe you just need to take a day off from all of this. Go see somebody, hm? Any family or friends?"

"Just my grandma, aunt and uncle."

"What's wrong with them?"

"What isn't?" I sighed.

"I thought you liked them?"

"They're the ones who sold out my mother. And though I hated my mother, she's still my mom, y'know?" Bokuto nodded.

"Well. You could go somewhere by yourself for a day."

"By myself?"

"Or I can come with you!" He beamed, shaking our intertwined hands.

"Well. I don't want to go anywhere crazy..."

"Let's go to the beach! We can bring the dogs, and go sit in the sun and water allll day. How does that sound?"

"I'd like that," I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder.

sooooo. this chapter was really late. and really short. i started ap classes, and they're not fun. they have a LOT of homework. ando started doing a sport, and a MUN club. but like. i'll see when i can fit the next chapter in. cuzzzz i still have to finish a book i'm writing for NaNoWriMo 😗😗

but like yk i'll figure it out like i always do. anygays-
drink, eat, shower, sleep. be gay, do crime. dm's are open if you need it, and my discord is in my profile desc. good morning/afternoon/evening/night to y'all❤️❤️