Chapter 10

Akaashi's POV

"Bokuto-San are you ready to go?" I called down the hall. I was currently holding the leashes to all three dogs, and a present so it was hard to move around.

"I'm coming," he slowly came down the hall buttoning his shirt. I handed him the present and put the leashes between my legs as I tied his tie. He kissed my forehead and smiled. "Well thank you. You're pretty good at that." I grabbed the leashes and started walking towards the door.

"I strive to be excellent at all that I do."

"You sound so sexy when you talk smart to me." Bokuto laughed.

"I didn't know talking smart was a thing," I rolled my eyes and went outside. Bokuto's driver came up to us.

"Mr. Bokuto, Mr. Akaashi," he dipped his head. "Are we taking the van today?" He looked at the dogs.

"Yes Kiro, thank you."

"Just doing my job sir," he dipped his head and led us to the garage that held the few cars Bokuto had. I put the dogs in the back of the car and we got in the backseat. Bokuto's bodyguard, Akira was also in the front seat. The drive was pretty silent on the way to Aimi's wedding. Once we got there, Kiro and Akira stayed around the edges of the crowd, but still close enough to protect Bokuto. Bokuto insisted on holding the dogs, so I went to put our present with the others. Once I found the table I set it down. I felt something being dug into my back.

"Don't turn around or make a noise, just walk to the bathroom without alarming anybody." I just turned and walked behind the bathroom. A really tall man followed. Once they were both behind the bathroom, I turned around and looked the man up and down. "It's Ushijima."

"I thought so. Akaashi."

"I know who you are. You're the one who so boldly shot Tendō, I should put a matching hole in your skull. But, I'm not going to. I instead came to thank you."

"For what?"

"For not killing Tendō, and for forgiving him. And most importantly bringing him back. Because if you weren't there I'm sure Bokuto would have put a bullet through his head."

"I just did the thing any decent person would do."

"You must be the only decent person I've met in a while. Even still, I don't think it's fair you got away unscathed even though your dog was torture. But since it's my little sister's wedding I'm not going to do anything. We'll consider it solid since you reached out to her and verified the situation."

"I'm assuming you mean the situation about her parents setting her up with me?"

"I wasn't aware that they did that. I'm not sure what the situation was exactly."

"I was at my mother's funeral, and my grandparents tried to set me up with her. We had a date last week that they scheduled but I called her to tell her that I was already seeing somebody. And she invited me to her wedding since I went out of my way to call her."

"Oh, well thank you for that. I will consider us even for now. Just make sure to watch your back." He turned and walked away. I went into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I let out a breath I had been holding. I closed my eyes trying to breath normally. It seemed cliche, but I practiced smiles in the window before I left. I washed my hands and went to go find Bokuto.

"Where were you?" He came up behind me.

"Bathroom." The dogs started licking my hands.

"Are you okay?" He looked at me, confused. I just nodded. "Do you want to go hang by Akira or Kiro?"