31

Callum's POV

I can't help but stare down at Jax, who was passed out on the couch.

Something felt wrong about him just in general. Sure, Jax napped a lot but something about this time just felt different. He never crashed after a work out, if anything he was more wired after he was done.

"He was acting weird before he fell asleep," Liam said once he noticed my staring. "It's like it was hard for him to try and focus on anything so we made him lay down. I think he and Carter were fighting for front for some reason."

"What was he doing before he crashed?"

"He said he had been on the bag for at least an hour, maybe even two but I don't know about anything other than that. I tried to ask about work to see if something happened but he pretty much just shot it down." I can't help but frown at that as I brush some of the hair out of his face.

"Could it be a new alter," Ryder asked as he watched the three of us from the kitchen. Since Jax was asleep and none of us were willing to wake him up, Ryder was attempting to make dinner but it seems he forgot all of his cooking skills since it's been a while. He was honestly kind of struggling but he refused to let me help.

"I doubt it," Liam said. I'm not going to lie; his words made me feel a lot better. I don't know how well Jax could handle a fourth alter, even with that new caretaker he has. "He acted differently when Bram started to form, like he was moving slower, now he's just being weird today."

"It's not like we aren't swimming in stress or anything," I point out.

Jax's face was still red even though the ice pack was balanced on his forehead.

"You remember Tommy, don't you Ryder," I asked, my eyes still never leaving Jax.

"Yea I remember and I've already thought about it. It's a possibility. He and Tommy have always been pretty similar."

"Thought about what," Liam asked with a frown.

"Tommy used to work out a lot. He was the one with the eating disorder. He worked out until he could barely stand and said it was the only way he could keep anything down. Jax has been eating better and Carter is still about normal so it doesn't really add up but with Jax's mindset when it comes to food, it's a possibility."

"There's honestly just too many things it could be," Liam sighed as he moved the ice bag from Jax's forehead to his cheek. "Let's watch and see how he eats tonight and if something's wrong then we'll tell Andrew. If he eats like his normal then we'll just assume it's something else."

"Or we could just ask him again," Ryder said with a small eye roll. "You two make everything so much harder than it has to be. When we eat we'll just ask him and if he doesn't feel like answering then he won't and then we'll get worried. But we have to at least give him a chance to say something before we assume the worst."

Liam frowns at that but ends up agreeing as continues to stare.

"I really hope this isn't a step back. He was doing so good."

"If it is we'll help him through it like always," I said as I let my hand slide into Liam's hair. "We'll just have to be patient."

"I've never been good at being patient," Liam mumbled with a small glare.

"Trust me babe, we know. Did anything else happen to you today?"

"Not really," he said tensely as he looked away from me again. My hand tightened in his hair as I glared at the back of his head.

"I'm not tolerating lying anymore," I said once I've calmed down a bit more. "This goes for everyone, not just you, but too much lying and keeping secrets have been happening these past few months and I'm ready for it to end. So for future reference, if I figure out you're lying or are purposely keeping something from all of us, I'll be punishing you. Do you both understand that?"