44

Liam's POV

My first day of college had just ended and it was honestly nothing like I had expected. I know it was just the first day but the classes seemed like they would be easy enough and the teachers were a lot less strict than the ones back at camp.

I had actually gotten my first set of homework from a few classes already none of it seemed to be too hard. I guess that was one perk of camp; they taught us all college level work in high school so we would be prepared and it seemed to pay off so far.

"Why are you limping," Jem asked skeptically as we walked to the hospital. It seemed like this was going to be our new tradition too since he was waiting for me outside of my last class for the day.

I didn't even tell him my class schedule so I don't know how he knew what time I would be done. If I had to guess, he hacked into the school's computers and figured it out.

"Why aren't you? I saw the way you were looking at Patrick. If he had been anyone else you would have had him in bed by now railing you to death."

I for him to send me a smirk and explain how he did the topping last night but his small smile only falls as a small scowl takes over.

"Patrick decided to be a morally good person," he scowled as he took out a cigarette and lit it. "He says he won't cheat on his wife so it looks like I have to wait."

I hummed. That did seem like a Patrick thing to do.

"You probably won't have to wait too long. They weren't doing great back while we were back at camp and with both of them being so busy I assume they haven't tried to fix anything. It's only a matter of time."

"I'm not a very patient person," he huffed before blowing out a cloud of smoke.

"I'm aware, where do you think I learned it from?"

"Probably from Devon," he shrugged. "But since I have to play the long game with Patrick, that therapist of yours is pretty good looking. You think he's ever been willing to try it with a guy?"

"He's lonely and he knows it at this point. If you try hard enough you could probably get him but not for just a quick fuck if that's what you're looking for. He's ready for a long-term relationship, not just fuck buddies. You won't be able to get him with your normal flirting style."

"Noted. I'll have to think about it then. I'd be fine with a poly relationship but I'm not sure they would."

I only hum as we get closer to the hospital. I didn't really care at this point. All I wanted to do was sit down with my boyfriends and do some homework.

Once we got to the room I noticed we were the only ones there, which kind of sucked but I almost expected it. With this new schedule I would be the one coming home first for once, not to mention that my college was closer to the hospital than everyone else's jobs.

"Does she seem to be getting any better?" Jem asked as he sat down on the couch and began texting someone.

"It's looking good so far. The cancer hasn't spread without the chemo and the doctors say she seems to be getting stronger. Her main doctor says that if things are still looking good in two weeks they'll try to come up with a new plan for the cancer so that's a very good thing. If they get that under control she should come out of the coma and resume normal life again after some physical therapy."

"Damn, that's a lot better than I was expecting. I hate to say it but I honestly wasn't expecting for her to pull through."

"None of us were," I admit as I pull my books of the backpack and set it on the small end table.

I sigh to myself as I begin working through the small amount of schoolwork I was given. On the easy stuff like math and literature I skipped through it quickly just to get it over with but on things that actually had to do with my major, such as psychology and human behavior, I committed most things to memory and spent extra time on them.