Chapter 4: a shift in perspective (part 1)

Hi everyone hope you're doing well. Anyways it's time we start introducing some new characters.

Argos POV
"Sheesh what a week. First bandits attack our lumber storage, then that after party after one of the 12 lords was struck down, then that mysterious pillar of light and to top it all off now we got Knights in town looking for some Noble kid or something." I'm getting tired of these events. I'm ready to go hone and sleep.

Not that I don't want the Knights to find the kid but some of them clearly haven't seen anything other than their own race and maybe some elves or something because there's always gotta be one of them that mistakes me for a Feral Daimanos (basically just think Demons. We'll discuss the different monster types in then future)

"As if I'm just some random monster."
Please I'm not only stronger than them but I'm not some mindless beat either. I passed medic training and I'm also a fairly successful craftsman which ain't too bad for a "10 foot tall scary red monster" if I do say so myself.

 I passed medic training and I'm also a fairly successful craftsman which ain't too bad for a "10 foot tall scary red monster" if I do say so myself

He's basically just Berva from Saga Frontier
"AAAAAAAAHHHHHH"

Was that screaming?

And no sooner did I hear it than I saw a man run right past me straight for the village.

"That's probably a bad sign."

I continued down to my cabin to make sure nothing was damaged and was relieved to see nothing appeared to be damaged but I could tell there was a foul smell in the air. Something happened and it wasn't pretty.

"I suppose I should go down to the river and check my shed"

So I continued down the way through the trees and the snowy ground to see a less than pleasant sight.

4 humans all dead, some of them seemed to be killed in 1 or 2 shots but the last one looked half frozen and half exploded from the inside out.

Even more curious there was a wing laying here as well as one of my buckets

Whatever they fought may not have been some savage beast but if a creature with intelligence showed this much ferocity that may be world.

I then began to notice the trail of blood and lots of it leading directly to...

"My shed"

Knowing I was probably going to be in for a fight I picked up my Shovel that was left outside and opened the door bracing my self to be attacked immediately.

Instead what I faced was a bloodied body of a young woman lying in the ground and a little blonde girl no older than 5.

Tears stained the little girls face and she looked up at me only saying one thing.

"Please... help her."

And that ends that chapter a bit shorter than some of them but I need to prepare for final exams so I'll try to have more uploads in the near future.

Anyways next chapter will introduce another main character and soon enough more plot will move forward