..

'tis a short chapter. 

Pasensiya na. But I'll update on Sunday. 

Busy kasi ang beauty eh! hehe

Lea

_____________________________________________________________________________

Lt. Castellejos yelled something to Aia but she couldn’t hear him over the roar of the engine. They were now inside the small aircraft wearing their flight suit, ready to fly. Lt. Castellejos was in the ‘front seat’ while Aia was behind him. “Are you ready?” he screamed.

“Bring it on!”

Aia was excited to watch in bird’s eye view Palawan Archipelago and the West Philippine Sea.

Thrill of excitement ran through her yet somehow butterflies in her stomach still managed to infiltrate. This was a different, way different flying experience. And she was like ‘holy ahgfk!’.

After waving goodbye to the crews and Lt. Sarmiento, they sped down the runway before gliding up to the sky.

Aia watched Bautista Airbase got smaller as they climbed higher to the clouds. More islands revealed when they got steady up there. Lt. Castellejos piloted the aircraft in a slower pace so she could enjoy the view long way down.

They were thousands of feet above the ground. Down there, was a picturesque scenery; white sand beaches, scattering small islands, virgin mountains.

Indeed, the Islands of Palawan were unspoiled paradise. Hope people will keep it that way.

Lt. Castellejos was still acting like a tour guide. But this time, in aerial view. Through his headphone, he told her their coordinates. He said they were above Coron Island. And later on, at El Nido.

Kaya pala Palawan was considered one of the best Islands in the world, it was paradise. Untouched and Unspoilt.

Aia stared at the man in front of her and smiled to herself. He sure knew how to pay his debts. With interest pa. Para lang makabawi sa kanya.

Aia would never forget this experience. This morning, she was just only wishing to see every tourist spots Palawan had to offer but she didn’t see any. But now, she was able to see it way up. Disappointments were all washed out. Ang pumalit ay hindi mapantayang saya.

 She’d be forever thankful to Lt. Castellejos for sharing his ‘Airborne’ job with her. They were now above West Philippine Sea. She could see scattering small islands down there. According to Lt. Castellejos, it was the ‘SPRATLYS’. Ang pinag aagawang teritoryo nang magkakaratig bansa. May namataan pa silang mga China Vessels na nag pa-patrol sa hindi kalayuan.

After an hour, they landed back safely at Bautista Airbase. Lt. Castellejos jumped off first then he stopped her when she was about to do the same. He did a gentleman should do. He held her by the waist and set her on the ground. So sweet of him!

“Did you enjoy the experience, Miss Trinidad?” he asked her as they walked back to the base.

Joy was understatement. It was an experience like no other. Konti lang ang nagkakaroon nang chance to experience this, and she felt privileged and honoured to fly with the freedom fighter jet. She was in seventh heaven.

“I did,” she said flashing him her widest smile ever. “And I’ll feel even happier if you drop Miss Trinidad and start calling me Aia.”

“I’m glad to hear that.”

“And...?”

“Aia.”

There he said it. “Hindi naman mahirap diba?”