Chapter VII: Lt. Gabriel Castellejos

May mga good lookin talagang sundalo. Super. Lalo na pag naka suot nang BDA uniform. Ang linis-linis tingnan. At ang tapang-tapang. Pakiramdam mo kaya ka nilang protektahan sa anumang panganib.

*haist men in unfiorm* 

kaya niyo nga kaming protekhan, kayo naman ang papatay sa puso naming mga babae. 

hehe! marami kasing chickboy!

Le

_____________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER VII

Summoned by General Sebastian, as one of his men relayed to him, Gabriel hurriedly strode towards the war room where the general wanted to talk to him. Importante siguro ang sadya nito gayong he just arrived from a month long stay in manila.

General Sebastian, the camp commandant, was one heck of a General. He didn’t approved of politics in the army or be controlled by the government. He was living with the military’s principle; to serve and protect. Kaya naman isa ito sa mga hinahangaan niya na high ranking official nang AFP. Nagtaka nga siya nang ilang lingo lang ang nakakaraan nag ipatawag siya nito at sinabing madedistino siya sa kampo na ito ang namumuno. Hindi siya isang ordinaryong sundalo lang lang kaya palaisipan ang dahilan nang pagtawag nito sa kanya.

Sumaludo siya sa General ng maka pasok sa war room. Naka-upo ito sa dulo ng conference table. He gestured him to sit down on one of the chairs. He followed.

“I won’t beat around the bush Lt. Castellejos, may bago kang assignment. I personally picked you to watch after Aia.”

Gabriel frowned. Did he hear him right?

General Sebastian handed him a folder. “That’s her profile. She needs protection.”

Gabriel took a quick scan on the paper inside the folder. There was no picture in it, just basic facts about her. “What’s her case, Sir?”

“It’s a classified case Lt. Castellejos.” He looked at him straight to the eye. “Your job is to keep her safe at all times especially off camp.

Now, he was getting curious about the girl named Aia. Classified case, meaning she’s a victim/witness to a high profile crime, a daughter of high profile member of the society, that it’s even considered as classified. Kahit sa kanya na naka assign na mag bantay dito ay hindi alam ang kasong kinasangkutan nito.

“Off camp....” his voice trailed off.

“Yes. You’ll only be watching her off camp because she will be living inside the camp. Kaya hindi magiging mahirap ang trabaho mo.”

“But, Sir, why me? I mean I don’t have history in being a bodyguard. And we have the security and escort battalion; they are trained for the job,” he reasoned out.

General Sebastian face became stoic. “I chose you because you are highly qualified and skilled for the job. Aia’s safe under your protection. Why, don’t you trust your own ability?”

Gabriel didn’t answer. The general knew damn well about his ability. And Gabriel knew well he had no right to refuse an assignment or question his superior, a general at that. It’s insubordination at its highest. The military was all about structures, orders and rules. Pero kailan ka pa nakinig sa superiors mo? He mocked himself.

Gabriel did a lot of missions unknown to his superiors before but his last one was discovered, it was just a couple of weeks ago and still the talk of the town as of now. A little town in Mindanao was held hostage by armed rebels. The rebels were allegedly funded by one of the Senators to divert the attention of the public and the government from his corrupting activities to the besieged town.