Chapter Five| The day of the race (part 1)

"Can you please give me a lift? Please? I will do anything for you except for intimate stuff. Please" I say pressing my phone between my ear and shoulder as I slip on my dress.

he chuckles and says, 'I was agreeing without your deal but fine, good for me. Meet me in ten minutes.'

I flare my nose, "Bye McCoy." I say and cut the call. I leave my hair open today and slip on my heeled trainers.

Then head downstairs and immediately start eating my boring breakfast, "wow Skylar, today you are eating fast." Our chef says smiling at me as he keeps Chel's breakfast across me.

"Oh yeah, don't want to be late." I say and eat fast.

"oh dear, eat slowly or else you will choke." He says, I nod & reduce my eating speed.

After breakfast Chel & I bid goodbyes to everyone then head towards McCoy's house, "why are you going with Kayden? Don't you have your own car?" Chel asks.

"I am doing exactly what you & Declan are doing, carpooling." I lie, she doesn't know that I am racer. Chel is too young to know about & has a big mouth so she says anything without thinking, I am afraid she might tell her friends & then it would spread around the whole school.

"But what about your reputation?"

"I don't think much about it. Plus this isn't something that will hamper my reputation." I say as we both wait for the brothers standing in our front porch.

"ah I see. It would be because he has such a cool car." She says tapping her chin.

I chuckle, "hey! even I have a cool car."

"Yep I know, that's why I don't wanna go in your car to school."

"What is that suppose to mean?" I ask looking at her astonished. Just when she was about a reply, a matte grey Jeep Wrangler pulls up in front of us.

The CO-driver seat's glass rolls down reviling Kayden, "good morning Scott sisters."

Chel smiles at him and runs towards a silver Volvo S90 pulling up behind the Jeep. I slid into the seat and throw my bag in the back, "Hey." I smile at him, He returns my smile, "didn't know you had a Jeep Wrangler."

"To be specific It's Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara." He grins looking ahead towards the road, "oh why did you need a lift? Didn't your car got out of service yesterday itself?"

"Yeah but... it's risky to take my car out on the day of the race. Last time someone messed up with the brake booster, luckily I got know before the race but I couldn't participate." I explain, he nods in understanding.

"Oh and I think my little bro has got a crush. Can you ask your sister if she knows who it is or find out for me, I will give her-"

I cut him off and say, "I don't think telling Chel about this would be a great idea..."

I don't know how else to tell him without telling him that I think Chel has a crush on his brother, especially when it seems like Declan might have a crush on someone else.

What about his brother?

What about the guy who is sitting right beside me & driving me to school?

"Oh... can I ask why?"

"Sorry Kayden I don't think I should." I say in a sorry tone.

"Hm, it's ok. I am sure you are looking out for her." What?

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing, just like I said. Maybe you are getting jealous that I will make a deal with her or something." He shrugs.