Chapter Twenty Two| Hope

It's been almost one month since I tried Kayden advise & let my guard down around the people I feel comfortable with.

And and and!

For our first one month anniversary Kayden took me to a treehouse which was decorated with fairy lights, pillows & blankets, we both had my favourite dish, pasta then cuddled until it was past our curfew time. Our parents obviously know about us & that's why I started getting curfew timing. My father started being hard on him which either made me laugh or pity him, but his expression was worth capturing in photo.

We both even went to races together which was only three till now & nothing unusual happened including Axel's normal blubbering & Joshua's constant approach towards me. I knew what his intention was so I avoided him as much as I could & even changed the automobile garage. I don't want to take risk with my precious car.

We both still posted photos on Instagram but as friends. His fans had calmed down since we both sang together during his signing event, they started liking me but I was still scared. And they didn't even post hatred comments when we informed that we both were each other's dates on Halloween. I was relieved.

I know how to protect myself but I can't be protected always, some or other time I would be vulnerable. I even received calls from companies whether I would be interested to sign them but I denied, Kayden wasn't wrong when he started companies would call me.

Kayden even wrote few songs and had already mailed to his manager so when he would return after graduation he would immediately get on work. The thought ate me with fear but I shook it off every time. I still wasn't sure about the college but I know I would apply to UCLA & local colleges anyways. Dad encouraged me to study from UCLA since it would be beneficial for my own so that the board of directors of the company wouldn't doubt my capabilities.

I know It's a little to early for all but I wanted to soak in as much information as I can.

And Right now, I'm in the mall with Chel as we go through Barbie store buying stuff which we don't have. When we were done the cashier looked at us with wide eyes, I ignored her & handed my card. She looked at me with confusion so I asked, "what's the matter?"

"Uh, I'm not sure you would be able to pay for all these." What?

"What? How can you say when You didn't even swipe my card."

"Ah well I'm sure you wouldn't be able to. The total billing is a lot for a girl like you to pay."

What the actual fuck?

"Ah I see, then why don't you swipe the card & prove me wrong." I sneered with venom dripping from my voice. Chelsea looked at me then at the cashier.

"This is gonna be fun." She mutter, I threw a glare at her which made her shut up.

The cashier took my card with a smirk & started doing her duty. Soon her smile is gonna vanish. I don't understand how can she say that, doesn't she have brains? Then I punched in my pin & soon her smirk vanished. She immediately handed my card & bags. "A little advice, think before talking. And you are lucky I didn't ask for the store manager."

Her face paled at my comeback, I flipped my hair & walked out with one hand intertwined with Chel's small hand & the other holding the bags. "Let's keep these in the car then shop for thanksgiving."

As Thanksgiving was one week away, I decided to hit the mall & buy everything necessary. Every year we celebrate Thanksgiving with mom's family; the Campbells since dad's family lives in England plus we are not close to my grandparents or his brothers, but still in talking terms.