4

Stell's POV

Angelica Rafaelle Alvarez

For some reason, I could not forget about her. I went home after the audition, with her in my thoughts. I had gushed to Josh and Gelou about her, and they had teased me mercilessly, even chatting about my crush to the other members of Se-on. Mhai had rolled her eyes at their teasing. I thought she was going to tease me too but she remained quiet.

Gelou had sent the message on Messenger. Leon had sent a shocked emoji. Josh had started teasing me, which led to Candy and Carla's teasing. Carla was supposed to be busy, being a law student and all. Yet, she had time to tease me on Messenger. Why?

The first few days after the auditions, I was extra hopeful, fervently praying that I would be a trainee with Josh, Gelou, Mhai, and of course, ehem...I hope Angelica gets to be a trainee too.

By the 5th day, I was beginning to feel doubtful. It's been five days! Mama Mia! When was ShowBT going to announce their list of trainees?

It was a whole week before ShowBT announced that Josh, Gelou, Mhai, and I made it, and I had texted Mhai the good news. She had sent me wide-eyed emojis in Messenger.

Of course, Angelica Rafaelle Alvarez made it too. I searched for her name and felt elated as soon as I saw it.

"Ngeeee, Stell. Parang first time nagka crush ah," Candy teased. Se-eon was gathered in her home. Carla had brought her huge law books with her. Keith had brought his brother, Ken, and they were happily munching on pizza. Leon and Gelou were out buying soft drinks. Josh was on his phone, texting his girlfriend.

"Hoy grabe kayo. Bakit? Di ba pwedeng magka crush?" I asked indignantly as I settled on the floor, a piece of pizza in my hand.

The door opened, and Gelou and Leon walked in carrying three bottles of Pepsi and a pack of ice.

"You guys ate already?" Gelou asked, grabbing a slice of pizza and settling on the floor next to me. She nudged me and winked.

"Excited ka?" she teased.

I wanted to roll my eyes all the way to the back of my head. My friends were extra playful today.

"Kumain ka nalang," I told her, shoving another slice of pizza in her hand.

***

It was our first day of training. Josh, Mhai, Gelou, and I arrived together in ShowBT's building. I was excited to train. I have always wondered what Korean training would be like ever since I started covering many Kpop groups. It was always my dream to be a trainee and debut in a group. Hopefully, this training with SHowBT would be the start of the realization of my dream.

The four of us entered the dance studio, where a lot of people have already gathered.

"Josh! Stell! Gelou!"

A girl bounded towards us.

My extrovert self materialized. "Hi," I greeted her, even though I did not have an inkling of who she is.

"Hi, I'm Jhec! I'm such a huge fan of Se-eon!" She gushed.

AHHHH.

I beamed at Jhec. "Hi, Jhec! I'm Stell!" Well, always happy to meet a fan.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe that we are training together. Isn't this great?" She exclaimed in such an enthusiastic manner that I felt her emotion all the way to Korea. Char.

I did not have the chance to reply. A Korean woman entered the room. She clapped her hands, causing all our attention to be turned on her. "Everyone, front, and center," she announced.