21

Mhai's POV
November 2025

I am changing my stage name to Pablo,” Paulo announced on an exclusive interview on a TV show. I was currently glued to my phone, nakiki-marites. SB19 just announced that Paulo was having a solo interview, which was weird. SB19 always had group interviews. I had to watch. I was eager to know what the news was.

“It was bound to happen,” I commented as I stared at my phone, munching on a cracker. Paulo had been referring himself as Pablo more and more these days. I liked it though. His old screen name, Sejun, sounded so Korean. Paulo was going back to his roots.

Before I forget, I have one more announcement,” Paulo said, smiling at the camera.

I gripped my phone tighter, at the edge of my seat, excited about Pau’s announcement.

Our dating ban has been lifted.”

“What?!” I half-exclaimed, half-whispered, trying hard to control myself. Sheesh. Damn that dating ban. That was the reason why Paulo has been suffering for years. He could not date his precious Gabriella. But announcing it? Alone? That was new.

I wanted to announce that, since, for quite some time now, I have wanted to date this woman so badly,” Paulo on-screen said. He was smiling widely, like he was too happy to be delivering this piece of information.

I gasped loudly. The woman beside me glared. I tried so hard to ignore her look.

We’ve been together even before I debuted as part of SB19. We had to break up though due to the contract. Our company was strict and the dating ban has been imposed,” Paulo continued. My eyes were bugging out of their sockets. Paulo was giving such juicy news to every A’Tin watching this interview. Oh my gosh. Is this what I think it is? Is Paulo and Gab together again?

She had to leave me and I guess that’s why I wrote a lot of break up songs. Hanggang sa Huli was ultimately dedicated to her,” Paulo finished. Sana all talaga ginawan ng kanta. I knew Hanggang sa Huli was written for Gab. They had been broken up for two years. Nobody knew about it except for us, for his close friends and his family members.

I had cried thinking about their relationship. It was never easy, giving up each other just to realize their dreams. Somehow, Gab had the courage to leave Paulo.

Awts. Pain. Pighati.

“She still holds my heart.” I think I melted. Hay. Sana all.

Flight 0838 bound for Manila, Philippines from Hong Kong, please proceed to Gate number 52 for boarding,” the airport speaker cackled with static.

I winced. “Just when things were getting juicy,” I hissed under my breath. I didn't even get to finish the interview. I stood up and waited in line.

Sana all talaga happy ending,” I whispered, thinking about Gab and Paulo.

The line moved slowly. After about 10 minutes of nudging and walking slowly towards the plane, I finally got to my seat.

I took a deep breath. This is it. After 3 years, I’m finally moving back to the Philippines. I’m finally seeing my family again.

When I video called my parents, momma was ecstatic. Papa breathed a sigh of relief and said, “Thank God! Finally!” My brother, who happened to eavesdrop on our conversation said, “Please. Magdala ka ng jowa.”

I laughed out loud. I knew my family was anxious for me, seeing that I’m already 30 and yet, I have no plans of having a boyfriend yet.

Actually, I have plans. But, he’s just not into me.