二十一

✧˖*°࿐˗ˏˋ chapter 21 ˎˊ˗

˖
˗ˏˋ chapter 21 ˎˊ˗

the last day of the fair.

everything went well in terms of business but for your personal time and privacy, it wasn't that good. with the public's eye fixated on you, you felt uncomfortable. even if the public's view about you was good, it didn't help the fact that you get anxious at the thought of being watched by a lot of people, strangers.

at first, it wasn't that bad. you've gotten a few supporting smiles but then, people have started going up to you, asking you questions as if you and them have been long time friends.

it was always something like : "how's tsukishima as a boyfriend?", "has utahime been bothering you?", "is it hard being in a relationship?" and such.

you guess they were only being friendly but it was uncomfortably awful for you, but it was the polar opposite for utahime. she adored being the center of attention. she walked the hallways with her chin up, eyes confident as she took big strides while you tried your best to pretend as if you didn't exist at all.

"are they bothering you?"

you hear tsukishima speak beside you, completely unbothered as he sipped his strawberry milk. he pointed his carton of milk to the scattered crowd.

"i can hear their gossips from here."

"i guess it's fine." you didn't want to worry him. "it'll die down in a few days."

he just turned to you and stared in silence. you can't figure out what he's thinking about. he just stayed quiet, sipping on his beverage.

"okay." that was the only thing he said before he stood up and stretched. "i'll go spend some time with yamaguchi."

"sure."

you put on a smile as you see his figure exit the booth and disappearing when he took a turn.

once he was out of sight, you sigh. it was now just you left in the booth. it was closed for a few minutes because you decided everyone needed a short break.

yachi worked really hard to attend to the customers and give them their orders. tsukishima always dropped by to see how you were doing, occasionally helping out. you were in charge of everything that's left : baking, monitoring the money, being the cashier and submitting the recorded data to the school at the end of the day for data-keeping.

letting out another sigh, you look at the people. smiles, waves of laughter. you've been wanting to make the fair days memorable and exciting but something just had to happen.