二十二

✧˖*°࿐˗ˏˋ chapter 22 ˎˊ˗

˖
˗ˏˋ chapter 22 ˎˊ˗

you were right after all. it hasn't even been a whole week and people have moved on from the issue between you and utahime. they were now caught up with the dilemma about a hot professor's love life. you were worried for nothing. you can finally take a breath.

finally forgetting the troubles, you look to your pinky and smiled. there, a red string was tied in a ribbon around your smallest finger.

it wasn't the same one that tsukishima gifted you last friday. he actually gave you new yarn rings every day. he was worried you'd stop doing things the normal way just like washing your hands just because you refused to take the string off. that was a bit unhygienic and would definitely make you sick.

so just like today when you were following him around, he went to his locker and cut off a short string to tie around your finger.

"i don't understand why you prefer this over a ring." he said, his slender hands busy tying off a ribbon. "i could go ahead and get you a ring."

you softly laughed, remembering the events that took place during the last day of the fair.

"it's the thought that matters." you simply explained.

yarn doesn't cost as much as a ring would do but it meant more to you. it had more meaning than a store-bought shiny ring.

when he finished, he let go of your fingers and returned the yarn before closing his locker. looking around, students filled the halls. for the last few months, he was hesitant about making moves in public that would please you. although he denied it many times when he was being teased by tanaka and nishinoya, he wanted to hold hands in public with you. he wanted to show you off.

so he did. tsukishima grabbed your hands without even looking at you. he laced his fingers with yours and began walking, dragging you with him. the students in the halls only glanced but they didn't seem to care. that made the blonde smile.

of course. when did i ever care about what people thought?

he cared about what other people thought when he met you. back then, tsukishima couldn't care less if someone got in trouble for his actions. he'd always blame it on them for not being attentive enough to escape the situation. he wouldn't look back to the people he'd stepped on when he wanted to do something. he'd have little to no care about the world around him. it just didn't matter to him. not until you came.

with you in the picture, he became thoughtful. he thought twice about his actions. he wasn't just concerned of his well-being. he made sure that the choices he makes won't hurt you even the slightest bit.