✧˖*°࿐˗ˏˋ chapter 5 ˎˊ˗

˖
˗ˏˋ chapter 5 ˎˊ˗

you sat on one the benches available in the gym as you read a booklet about volleyball.

volleyball. you didn't know anything about it. all you knew is that you had to get the ball to the other side of the net no matter what.

"i never knew that volleyball has so many rules..." you trailed off as you flipped the pages of the booklet in your hands.

it was a lot to take in but you studied nevertheless. it is your responsibility. it is your job as a manager so you tried really hard to understand how everything works.

when you were busy studying, kiyoko was bringing water bottles and towels to the players. she insisted that she's got it and that all you need for now is to study everything about volleyball.

she probably also knows about your confession to tsukishima. after all, kiyoko knows everything and she's just trying to be helpful by keeping your distance first instead of letting you embarrass yourself again.

"what's y/n-chan doing over there?" daichi asked kiyoko who handed him his filled up water bottle.

"i wanted her to study the basics so she won't have any problems relating when it comes to evaluations or matches." kiyoko answered professionally, making the other players stare at her in awe.

"kiyoko-senpai is the best!" nishinoya complimented kiyoko as he jumped up and down but she didn't even look at him at all.

"please marry me!" tanaka proposed, dramatically kneeling down in front of kiyoko only to be ignored by her.

"pfft. he got rejected." tsukishima teased, covering his smile.

before tanaka could even say something, takeda sensei slammed the doors of the gym, loudly and wide, catching everyone's attention.

he stopped in front of the entrance as everyone gathered up around him including you, who never let go of the booklet.

"are you okay, sensei?" sugawara asked with concern.

takeda sensei just held up his hand, signaling for everyone to wait for a second as he catches his breath. he ran all the way here, from the teacher's office to the gym when he received great news. once he caught his breath, he faced everyone with a big smile on his face.

"we're going to have a coach!"

everyone smiles, especially the third years. they knew how much they needed a coach, someone that can help them go to nationals.