In The Darkness

Betty was staying over at Jughead's trailer they had ordered pizza and now they are on the couch watching Disney's Landy and The Tramp. But all of a sudden the lights turned off as well as the tv. A scared scream was heard from Betty.

"Betts are you okay?" Jughead asked worriedly. He gets on reply just frightened whimpers from Betty. But he finally heard the soft whisper of Betty's voice say "I- I'm scared, of t-the dark." She said expecting to hear a fit of laughter coming from Jug. Whenever she told anyone about her fear they ended up in fits of laughter. "I know it's stupid and babyish." But not a giggle escaped from Jughead's mouth instead he turned on the torch light on his phone so he could see her and bring her into a safe and gentle hug. "Sssh Betty it's not stupid everyone has their fears. And I would never make fun of your fears or use them against you. I will always help you stay safe from them." He said before wiping away her tears and kissing her on the cheek.

He then picked her up and took her to his room, occasionally bumping into a wall or tripping over something on the floor but they finally made it there. He sat her down gently on his bed before getting in right beside her. Keeping her close to his chest and wrapping his arms over her. Like Jughead was her amour that would always protect her from whatever seemed to scare her most. Soon Betty drifted off to sleep listing to the sound of Jughead's steady heartbeat.