Romeo and Juliet

Jughead's POV

Ever since I was tansferred to Riverdale high from Southside high, everyone has been giving me dirty looks. Like I didn't matter at all. Except for...

"Oh hey thanks for writing the school newspaper this week I haven't been feeling the best." I explained. "It's okay Juggie everyone needs there time to take a break." Betty said to me. I loved when she called me that. Me and Betty never dated but I did have a tiny crush on her since we see each other often for the blue and gold newspaper.

Then I heard the bell ring which meant I had to go to class. Me and Betty mostly have the same classes so I just walked to class with her.

As we walked to class we saw posters on the wall. They were about the school play Romeo and Juliet. "Oh I've always dreamed of being Juliet." Betty said looking at the poster. "Are you gonna sign up?" I said to her. "Yes, but who will be my Romeo?" She said looking at me with her green sparkling eyes. "I've got a crazy idea, why don't I be your Romeo?" I said. "That's a great idea Juggie! Let's sign up." She said grabbing the pen. After we put our names on the poster, we headed to class.

Betty's POV

I'm so excited that Jughead agreed to be Romeo for the school play. I also had a tiny crush on him. I mean you can't blame me we are always together. After class I speed walk over to Jughead's locker. "So I was thinking that you can come over later and we can practice Juggie?" I said with my puppy eyes... "Ok!" Jughead said. He always gives in to the puppy eyes. "Yay! See you later, maybe around 8pm?" I said. "Sure Betts." He said. He never calls me that. I always beg him to but he never actually does.

*Later that day*

"Oh hey mom." I said walking into the kitchen. "Hey sweetie, how was school?" She said putting down the utensils for dinner. "Well pretty great I mean I'm trying out for Juliet in the school play!" I said to her. She always loves when I do something I put my mind into but the first question I know she's gonna ask is-" "who's gonna try out for Romeo?" She said looking at me waiting for a response. "Jughead Jones." I said. "Oh that's great sweetie." She said. I'm in shock. She never likes when I hangout with southsiders. But I really like him and so does she and that's all that matters." "He's actually coming over later to practice some lines with me." I said. "Ok that's great sweetie. I'll call you down when dinner is ready." She said continuing putting down the utensils. I ran upstairs to finish my homework before Jug came over. After finishing my homework I decided to read a little bit of the script for the play. I then quickly realized me and Jughead had to kiss. I froze. I really just hope he doesn't see that when he gets here. I had just finished dinner and then I watched the Vampire Diaries in the living room while I wait for Jug.

I decided it would be best to hangout downstairs since my mom and Polly are getting ready for bed upstairs. I here a knock at the door. I walk over to the door and open it. It's Jughead. "Hey Betts. I'm sorry but I actually was going so fast to get here that I forgot to bring my lines." He explained. "Oh thats ok, we can both just use mine." I said.

Jughead's POV

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom really quick Jug then we can start." Betty said. I nodded my head and I picked up the play script to read some of it. I saw at the end of the paper that we had to kiss. I really hope we both don't notice it when we get to that part. Especially in school. "Alright I'm back. Ready to practice?" She said sitting next to me on the couch. "Of course." I said back.