thinking of her

savannah's POV:

i drove back to my apartment and i knew i definitely had to clean. i hate cleaning as it is so usually i play music just so i don't actually die of boredom. i connected my airpods to my phone and started playing the playlist i always listen to.

the playlist billie made for me.

once spotify became popular, billie made me a playlist of songs i like, songs that she likes, and songs that she says makes her think of me. it started out as maybe twenty songs and now has over 200. she's always adding to it constantly since she's always discovering new songs and artists constantly.

her music taste, and mine as well is very diverse. we both listen to pretty much everything. if it's a good song, it's a good song.

i put it on shuffle and started cleaning my kitchen. "sofia" by clairo started playing. which is one of my favorite songs, so i think that's probably why she added it to the playlist.

as i was cleaning i really couldn't stop thinking of her. billie. we definitely had something going on. i wasn't sure what it was and i don't even think she knew. but there was definitely... something.

i always felt like there potentially could be something between us, i just didn't really think it would ever happen. like it never seemed impossible, just unlikely. cause i've been with scott for so long. i never thought about the idea too much cause i really thought it was gonna be us two together forever.

he didn't always used to be like this. the majority of our relationship was actually.. really nice. we barely argued, he treated me so well. i don't know what happened. i really wish i did.

i just want answers.

i just don't get it. he just started being so possessive, manipulative, controlling, abusive. and for a while i didn't even realize he was. i mean don't get me wrong i realized he was acting different. but i just thought it was out of love. that's what he made me think.

i guess you never really realize how bad you're getting abused until you look back on a situation and really think about it. or when something really big happens. like him hitting me. that's what made me flip a switch and realize that i wasn't going to deal with this anymore.

and of course billie helped tremendously with handling confrontation and standing up for myself. not being afraid to use my voice. jesus, i owe her the world.

it's what she deserves.

i literally could never thank her enough for getting me out of this situation. if i didn't have her.. shit i don't even wanna imagine what my life would be like without her.

i don't have to thought cause it'll never happen. we've known each other for over ten years. nothing could tear us apart.

especially since scott's out of the picture now... i know it sounds crazy but maybe we could be something someday. i mean she's gonna be living with me soon. we're gonna be together almost all the time anyways.

and with scott not being in my life anymore. i gotta admit it's still weird. not that i miss him, but i miss having someone. i have billie yeah but she's always basically been my wife. but i mean having like.. your person.

i miss the good version of him.

even billie liked him.

him and billie knew each other before i even knew him. you know, when he was sane. like i said earlier, she's how i met him.

scott was one of billies friend's friend. so they like knew each other but not really. but then one time she brought me to her friend's party and scott was there. we were all drinking and having fun and that's when billie introduced me to him.

now that i think about it... it could have just been cause she was drunk. maybe she never actually liked him.

hmm i guess i'll never know.

but that night was.. quite odd. it has to do with lots of alcohol, first kisses, stairs, a sprained ankle, a bathroom, and a clock.

maybe i should just explain it...

word count: 760
an: sorry for the short chapter but the next chapter we're gonna be turning back the clocks a few years to the night savannah and scott met. (from both savannah's and billie's POV) and i wanted to leave y'all off on a cliffhanger ;) sorry not sorry.