gone

billie's POV :

"so what's your plan eilish? you just gonna keep me down here til i rot?" scott asked as zoe walked back down the stairs. i shook my head. "nope. i'm gonna keep you here for a while though. savannah's gonna realize youre gone, read your note, hate you, and then she'll come back to me. and once she forgets all about you..." i said as i took his phone out of my pocket.

i blocked everyone from his contacts and deleted all of them. then i checked to see if he had his location shared with anyone, he didn't. fucking sucker. "once she forgets about you that's when i'll kill you. everyone will think you abandoned them and everyone will despise you." i continued.

"right, and you're gonna stand there and still preach that you're not crazy?" he said, cocky. i literally laughed. "you haven't even seen my crazy side dalton.. just you wait." i whispered. "you hungry?" i asked smiling. he nodded. "whatever you get, make it vegan so you can take a bit before me so i know it's not poisoned." he demanded. i nodded, "smart guy." i said as i went up the stairs.

savannah's POV :

savvy:
hiiii babe, i'm all done with school. come grab me? 💙

yooo where you at baby?

if you're busy i can call an uber, no worries xo

weird. why were my texts green? he has an iphone so it seems very odd. unless he like... blocked me? but why would he do that?

savvy:
i'm coming over.

i opened the door to the backseat of the uber and and hopped in. the driver made their way to scott's place. did i do something wrong? he definitely hates me. i feel bad but i also have no idea what's going on.

i pulled in and got out of the car and walked into the garage. his car was there so i felt a lot of relief. i knocked on the door to his house but nobody answered for while. "scott?" i yelled as i knocked some more. i waited a few seconds, then i decided to just invite myself in.

i opened the door and walked into his living room, then down the hall to his bedroom. "scott what the hell?" i yelled. he wasn't anywhere. i picked up my phone to call billie and see if she's seen him lately. i dialed her up and walked back into his living room. the phone began to ring.

"sav? what's going on?" she said over the phone. i noticed a piece of paper on the coffee table. "have you seen scott? he's not picking up his phone and i c..." i said. i faded out my words as i read the note. i couldn't believe my eyes. he left? just like that? tears streamed down my face as i finished reading it.

"what's going on? where are you?" she asked. i tried to get words out but i couldn't stop sobbing. "i'm coming to get you, tell me where you are please." she continued. i held back my sobs for a moment. "scott's gone." i cried out, "and i know you hate him and i know you probably don't care. but i can't.." my words faded out again.

my breathing got very unsteady and i couldn't seem to catch my breath. "he just left, apparently he finally went to new york but he told me he wanted to go there together once i was done with college but i guess he didn't wanna wait. i guess i.. don't mean anything to him."

"i'm on my way lovey, what does the note say?" she asked. i read her the note over the phone. "that's so weird.. i feel really bad sav i cant even imagine now you feel right now." she said, "i'll be over in a minute and you can talk to me about everything alright? and i'll try my best to make you feel better." i wiped my tears away and smiled.

"thank you." i said, "hey bil." "hmm?" "do you think you could just pick me up and we could go for a ride? i really don't wanna stay in his house any longer." i suggested. "yeah, for sure, for sure." she said, "see you in a minute."

billie's POV :

holy shit i was not expecting her to go there already. i guess i didn't think everything would happen this fast. "zoe i gotta go to his house, sav got there and read the note and is a crying mess i have to go get her." i told zoe as i trotted up the stairs.

as i drove i really started second guessing my plan. i could tell she was really hurting and it was hurting me. obviously it was too late to turn back now, but i felt so bad.

i also started to realize not only did i need to take care of scott.. but also que. he was just as much if not more of a threat to us than scott is. i'm still not even sure at this point what he wanted. why did he want savannah? and what does that even mean? what was he going to use her for?

sex? slavery? just to torture? money? i wish i knew. i either had to keep her under 24/7 surveillance.. or kill que. obviously putting her under surveillance isn't ethical, and it's also kind of weird and would make my anxiety even worse than what it is.

whatever he was planning on doing, it doesn't matter. he wanted her, and he can't have her. he was going to do something awful to her. it would be sad to see him go, but i have to do what i have to do.

i got to scott's place and my heart sank. i literally took him. he's in zoe's basement and i took him and i'm the reason that sav is sad. i'm an awful person. what the fuck is wrong with me?

sav walked out the door and over to the car. her nose was all red and so were her cheeks. she got in the passenger seat and immediately buckled up and layed her head on my shoulder. i brought my hand to the side of her head and stroked her hair. "i'm so.. sorry sav." i whispered. she shrugged. "don't be sorry, it's not your fault."

yes it is.

"i know but i hate seeing you upset." i said, "it breaks my heart." i started just driving around she looked up at me and rubbed her nose. it was getting late so all the street lights were on as i was driving around. i looked down at her for a second and looked back at the road. "what?" i asked.

she still had her head on my shoulder, looking up at me. she looked so adorable. "nothing." she said, "i just missed you a lot." i turned my head back over to her and planted a kiss on her forehead. i pulled away and looked at her and smiled big. "i missed you way more." i said back.

word count : 1196