lover

savannah's POV :

my heart dropped to the floor as i saw billie walk into the room. i was screwed. not only did she come home to scott being there, to make it worse she walked in on us kissing. i knew i was screwed. absolutely. fucking. screwed.

"billie-" i said taken back as i threw myself off him. she looked at me and then looked at scott and then looked back at me and then back at scott. "are you fucking kidding me?" she said in disbelief. guilt rushed over my face and i started to sweat.

"how was the meeting?" i asked, trying to divert the attention off of what just happened. "shut the fuck up." she said, "bedroom. now." she started speed walking down the hallway and then up the stairs. the guilt i was feeling turned into fear. i didn't know if she was about to fuck my brains out, or scream at me. either way i had to follow her.

"this'll only be a minute." i whispered to scott before going up the stairs. i went up them and then opened the door to our bedroom and saw billie sitting on her bed. i went to sit next to her but she shooed me away. "sit on your own bed." she said. so i did.

"what the HELL is wrong with you? you let him into our fucking home? you probably invited him over didn't you?" billie asked. she got more angry after each question she asked. "no of course i didn't invite him, i blocked him billie he just showed up." i explained. she just rolled her eyes and took a deep breath.

i could tell she was trying her best to stay calm. "okay then why would you fucking let him in?" she asked still angry. "because he-" then i stopped myself. i really don't know why i let him in. "because i felt like it." i said, "he said he wanted to talk to me so i let him." "yeah well it sure as hell looked like y'all were doing more than talking, when i walked in he was shoving his tongue down your throat." she yelled. at this point i was shaking.

"you don't get it do you?" i said, "he's changed completely, and he seems like such a better person now." billie shook her head and looked up at the ceiling. "how sav? how has he changed?" she asked annoyed. "he got a new job, he's been taking care of himself, he's going to therapy, i think he even said he was taking medication for his bipolar disorder." i explained. "i couldn't fix him, so i left, and then he finally fixed himself... for me. he started taking care of himself for me."

"bullshit." billie scoffed, "how can you just forget about al the shit he's put you through? are you really that naïve?" "i haven't forgotten about it billie but i have forgave him, have you ever heard of that before?" i yelled. "okay sorry.. how could you fOrGiVe him?" she mocked. "because he's better now!" i yelled, "he's back to how he was at the beginning of our relationship."

"even if that's true, what happens when he goes right back to abusing you? what if that flip in his head switches and he goes back to how he was a couple months ago?" she yelled back while standing up and pacing around the room. "than that is something that i will deal with." i explained, "i don't need you fighting my battles for me billie i'm a grown ass woman."

"yeah well right now you're acting like a fucking child. this isn't your best friend who took your lipgloss it's your ex who put you through hell and manipulated you, abused you, controlled you, mindFUCKED you." she yelled.

"and yes, you DO need me fighting your battles for you. if it wasn't for me, you'd still be with him thinking that when he hits you that means he loves you or some shit." she continued, "you're right back under his trap, this is exactly what i was afraid of happening."

"billie, listen to me when i tell you this okay?" i said calmly. i sat her down and sat next to her. "i am so thankful for you getting my out of that horrible situation. i could never thank you enough. you're completely right about that." i said, "and i'm sorry if i made you feel like you don't mean anything to me." billie looked at me with a solemn face. i could see the sadness in her eyes forming. which broke my heart.

"what about us?" billie whispered.

i lifted her head up and noticed a tear rolling down her cheek. "i mean i know we aren't really together but.. i thought we had something there." i lifted my hand up to the side of her face. "billie, you are so important to me. in every way possible." i confessed, "like i said i'm so thankful for everything you've done for me. and i really do love you."

"but what does this mean.. for us?" she said through there sobs. she was really breaking my heart. "i think that... scott and i needed time away from each other in order for us both to get better. scott got his mental health under control, and you helped me know how to advocate for myself." i said starting to tear up myself, "and now that we're both better.. i think that means-"

"please don't say it." billie whispered.

"i don't think you're my lover." i said, "you're my savior. you helped me become better so that he could get better. and now i think we're ready to.. move on." i felt tears escape my eyes as i said the last part. "so no matter what i did, it would always be him?" she sobbed. i nodded slowly.

"i think so." i whispered.

her sadness soon turned into anger. she popped up off of the bed and opened the closet door. then i saw her whip out her suitcases. "billie wait ple-" "nope, you've clearly already made your decision so i'm just gonna leave." i sighed. watching her back up her bags broke my soul. i didn't want her out of my life... at all. i just wanted to try again with scott.

maybe it wasn't a good idea? but i had already made a decision. and she was already leaving. and i don't think there was anything i could have done to fix it.

after she finished packing up her stuff as i watched in silence, i decided to break the silence. "where are you gonna go?" i asked calmly. "finneas' probably, we're gonna be really busy for a while so why not move in?" "does that mean you got signed?" i asked. she nodded. "yeah we have a lot to work on so it'd be easiest. hopefully he lets me move in."

i sighed. "you're really moving out?" i asked defensively. she nodded calmly. she walked closer to the door slowly and put her hand on the doorknob.

"yes savannah i'm moving out. like you said.. i'm not your lover."

and just like that, she was gone.

word count : 1208
an : jeez so sav and billie are donezos!!?? i'm just wondering if billie will live up to her promise she made in the first chapter... 🤔🤔