Say You Won't Let Go

Fourteen months they were in the cold war. No attacks, nothing except for the crippling fear of a massive bloodbath that would drown them soon. Finally, as most of them have predicted, Hyoketsu lost their patience and declared war against Moeru. A troop of Hyoketsu soldiers attacked Moeru borders and destroyed three villages as a warning. King Kurenai couldn't see the destruction and finally took weapons. The two troops read to meet in the plains between the two kingdoms. Citizens of each kingdom started to gather rice and other food and stayed inside their houses. All the young boys and men were occupied, working as soldiers to win the war. To save their country. Shu was able to convince his father about his capabilities and his strategies impressed the court who welcomed their prince with welcomed hands. Itsuki and him worked day and night on strategies while Shu worked on his own one alone. They travelled with their massive platoon to the battlegrounds as the dawn cracked through the night. Shu's mind was occupied with all the things he had to face throughout the year. He had set the plan but one mistake, it would fall apart.

Just as Lui expected, the battleground was chaotic. Moeru soldiers attacked mercilessly, forcing themselves towards their brilliant strategies and formations while Hyoketsu were forcing themselves through their strength. It was a clash between intelligence and physical capabilities. Lui wasn't sure who was winning. He skipped over a corpse and attacked two more Moeru soldiers who came his way. He was looking for a certain mop of white hair. Soldiers dodged, attacked and slashed the enemy mercilessly. Blood pooled like puddles of water after a heavy rain. Lui tried not to think about their families, Shu had certainly ignited a spark of sympathy on him.

Lui knocked out one of the generals of Moeru. He grimaced, turning to see the heavy slash across his arm. He was a general, Lui expected nothing else. He forced his way to the front, his violet eyes working up, darting through the crowd, not paying attention to anyone else when he spotted him. Shu was standing in the middle of two Hyoketsu soldiers. He had changed, not drastically but subtle changes Lui could easily identify. He had gotten taller, his white hair falling down to the middle of his back tied up into a ponytail. A gold circlet with a red ruby glistened on his forehead as he moved through the two soldiers swinging his axe, knocking them both out. Deadly accurate moves. But didn't quite kill the soldiers, disarmed them.

Lui instantly snorted, Shu was still the same soft hearted male he met months ago. Lui circled behind Shu and placed his ice sword on the back of his neck, "Game over, prince Shu"

Lui noticed Shu's shoulders stiffening for a minute, and the albino cautiously turned around. For a second Lui wondered whether he didn't recognize his voice but the smile on his face said otherwise. Shu raised his own axe to Lui's neck. Eye challenging and dancing with excitement. His white robe, painted with splashes of red. Except for his cut on his arm and bruise on his neck, Shu appeared unharmed. "Shirosagi Lui" He said, his voice pronouncing the words carefully, eyes never leaving his own violet, almost as if they were waiting. The last words of his letter echoed in his mind. All around them were chaos, soldiers dropping down with deadly wounds, blood pooling underneath their feet. Lui dropped his sword, and if a soldier came attacking him right now, he could care less about that. Soon another sound followed as Shu dropped his own weapon.

A spark ignited inside Lui's heart as he stepped towards Shu. His heart racing, his eyes moving to the soft curve of Shu's lips. He cupped one side of his cheeks and closed the gap between them. Maybe, time really did stop around them. Suddenly, the roars of the battleground, the metallic smell of blood was nowhere. He couldn't believe how soft Shu's lips were against his. They moved in sync, his hands slipped around Shu's waist as Lui pulled him close, pressing their bodies together. Through his half closed eyes, Lui sneaked a glance at his lover. Shu's eyes were closed, his cheeks tinted in pink, his hands soon found their way around Lui's neck.