Let Me Be There For You

The whole room was dead quiet as Shu spoke. His red eyes darted around until they rested upon that familiar violet. Lui gave him a smile, nodding his head and Shu let go of all his insecurities and doubts. "I'd start with an old legend," Shu started, scanning the faces again. He knew there were people in this crowd that would love to stop him the first chance they got. "It's about the four main kingdoms that are said to have existed before our times. People of Fire, People of Ice, People of Sun and People of Moon. It's said that they shared this space and lived in harmony until parts of these clans broke off to make other kingdoms. People of Fire named themselves Moeru" His eyes shifted to his father, "And Chikara, Yokina were descendants of people of Fire. People of Ice named themselves Hyoketsu with kingdoms like Akarui becoming their descendants. The people of Sun Doerin is still regarded as the high kingdom after this old time. But when I went through that legend I found the biggest mystery I had met with all these years. What happened to the people of the Moon?"

"It's just a legend" His aunt retorted,

"If it's just a legend how come all the other three clans still exist?" Shu shot back. "People of ice are there, fire is there and the sun is here with us. But there's not a single word about the People of the Moon. The land they used to be is now a desert without any life to them." Shu looked behind him and nodded at one of the Moeru soldiers. He came back with a wooden box and a rolled map. Shu took the map and unrolled it in front of them. It was massive and covered half of the table giving them a better view of their lands. Shu pointed at the parts where Moon people are said to have existed. All of them had one in common, there was no life in either of them. "See the significance? People tried to civilize those lands for years but none couldn't. I looked through the reasons they presented when people asked why they couldn't live there. All the answers were the same, demons, spirits and inhuman things. None of these was considered with high regard because the rulers dismissed these reasons thinking it's just another naive reason not to live in deserted unknown lands. Everything was fine. Everything was peaceful here for years after the disappearance of the moon race, but thirteen years ago three things happened in Moeru one night" His eyes slid to Itsuki. He already seemed to know what he was talking about.

"Yes," His father said, "someone attacked Shu, killed my brother and broke into the record room"

A heavy silence settled in the room. Shu realized his father's gaze was fixed upon King Shirosagi. Both of them glared at each other. The albino broke their heavy gazes by reaching to the wooden box and popping the lid open. Itsuki inhaled sharply beside him, his aunt stood, the chair rattled by her force. "Why did you bring it here?"

Shu looked at her, "To prove this arrow, the one that killed uncle was not from Hyoketsu." His words were plain and clear. Shu pushed the arrow towards Lui and nodded. The arrows of each kingdom are bound to the land and the royal blood by magic. "If Lui found any connection I'd know. Our power flows are connected, the slighted use of his magic affects mine too." Lui's hand touched the wooden arrow, protected for thirteen years through magic. Shu waited, nothing. Lui's violet eyes reached his own red, locking their gazes together.

"This is not one of our arrows" Lui looked over his shoulder and signalled Aki to bring the arrow that killed his own sister, "There, I brought it too"

Shu opened the second arrow and pushed it towards his father, "And this is the arrow that killed Yuki"

His father's gaze slid to the arrow as his fingers touched the wooden arrow. He sighed, closing his eyes. "This is not ours, is it?"

Shu shook his head, "It isn't"

"Wait," King Shirosagi's voice stopped the albino in his tracks. "What's exactly are you going to prove with this?"