Learning About You

Shu stared at all the dances in astonishment. Sure, the other princes thought it weird that the Prince of the Moeru kingdom looked like he had never been into an opening ceremony before but all of them knew the reason. Some shared pitiful glances as some annoyed, but everyone was staring at him. He was a new figure, hidden from the world for years and years. But now seeing that certain person right in front of them was like magic. The rumors went around would quickly fade away for they have already seen the Prince, a true beauty, a true pure innocence. Shu didn't realize that many of the citizens were staring at him. His deep red orbs were fixed at the ceremony. It was beautiful. He had only heard of these things by his maids and butlers and now witnessing that from his own two eyes was like a dream coming true. Shu turned to Valt who had the same excitement. 

"I never thought an opening ceremony can be this majestic."

Valt smiled sheepishly. "They are amazing but the food is more amazing"

Shu blinked. "Food?"

Valt grinned. "Yeah, man Shu you should've seen the big cakes they have arranged. I swear I can eat them a lot"

Shu leaned back to his seat crossing his arms. "That sounds just like you Valt" 

Valt grinned. "So, Shu! Are you excited? Well...I am, We will make new friends and just imagine the fun Shu. You're finally out from the castle and I'm really happy about that"

Shu gave him a tender smile. Out huh... He thought gazing up at the clear blue sky. Soon  enough his parents would leave and he would be alone going through everything alone. It would be the first time in his life that he would stay without any of the maids or butlers even his parents throwing off concerned looks that he might faint at each second. He inhaled the fresh air deeply as a thought tackled his mind. "I'm finally free"

Lui closed his eyes. He was not a party person and never had been. Seriously he could not understand why people waste their time on these kind of things when they can use this valuable time for do something meaningful like...of course training. He clicked his tongue and opened his eyes to look around the students. The people he would be living for the next few months if it turned out to be good maybe years. He was relieved because Gou was with him. His violet eyes sets upon the mystery prince. He clicked his tongue in frustration. Why did they need to bring a sick person to a school which shaped fine warriors? He thought frustratingly. 

Shu blinked feeling someone watching him and turned his head to see fiery violet eyes watching him with pure hatred and disgust. Shu felt his skin crawl. The prince of Hyoketsu didn't break the eye contact as he continued staring making sure that Shu understood that he hates him and Shu does not belong here.

Shu broke the eye contact turning his head away from the boy. He was aware about the hatred between the two kingdoms and he despised the Hyoketsu kingdom but when he came here he thought that everyone would be friends and they might get along maybe even end the war and have peace forever but seeing the hateful glare of Prince Lui made him think twice about his own decision. Something glistened bright red under the pure white bangs. A scar: a memorial of his own humiliation, one of the sole reasons to hate Hyoketsu and a painful reminder to show how much of a weak person he is. Shu bit his lips casting his eyes down as he gripped his seat. He wanted to show them, and he's gonna show all of them that he's a strong person and the Kurenai kingdom is much stronger than they think it is. 

It took a while for the end of the ceremony. After that all the kings and the queens got up from their seats to give their kids the blessings and leave them in the hands of the headmaster of the school. Shu walked to his own parents who was standing a few steps away from the others. Shu smiled. "So, I'm finally a free birdie aren't I?"