Our Synchronization - Part II

The lunch was in chaos. Most of them were completely astonished by the skills of the albino while Shu just tried to keep his mind occupied with Lui's decision and plan. After eating, the albino slipped away from the dining room and reached the training ground. Lui was already there, waiting for him as he trained on his ice. Free and Valt was training at the far corner of the grounds. Half of the pairs were there, even Honcho and Wakiya bickering and at the same time smoothing their skills. Shu walked toward Lui and waited till he finished with his individual training. After a while, Lui stood up. He signaled Shu to come forward as he crouched beside a stray flower growing on the ground. Shu followed his example and crouched down beside him. "Watch closely" Lui said, one of his hands moving and stopping over the flower, showering it with ice crystals. For a moment, Shu thought he was completely icing it, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared intensely at the flower. After a while, he looked at Shu. "Touch it"

Shu moved his hand to the petals, touching it with his fingertips. A startled yelp escaped his lips as the albino drew his hands away from the flower. The petal was cold as ice, so cold that it almost burned his fingertips but his ice hadn't harmed the flower in a single bit. "How?"

Lui gave him a smug grin. "The power flow. As I said, we all have our own unique power flow in our body and when we match ours with someone else's, we can activate the power on without harming that person. That way, we can find many new techniques with fire and ice. I matched mine to yours, now it's your turn"

Shu gulped. "What if I accidentally burned you?"

Lui merely shrugged, standing up. "You have to find a way around it. Let's try it"

Shu nodded. His heart beating violently against his chest as he turned around. He realized that this might end up in a disaster, just like in the past. He didn't want to hurt anyone, especially with his fire. Lui sensed the hesitation of the other. "Man up idiot" He hissed, startling Shu. He nodded, placing a hand on Lui's wrist, trying to focus his scattered mind. When he was just about to flare up his fire, hesitation overtook his mind. Shu drew his hand away, shaking his head.

"I can't"

Lui narrowed his eyes. He grabbed into his shoulders and shook him, startling the albino. "What the heck!? Do as I say idiot!"

His shouts grabbed the attention of few others training in the training grounds. Free and Valt exchanged worried glances, looking at the two. It was clear that Lui was beyond furious and Shu looked completely beaten. "Guys?" Honcho tried, not wanting to see another fight occurring between the two. Especially when they're close to tournaments.

Lui sent a glare their way. The message was clear; stay away from their fight. Honcho drew back, giving an uncertain glance to Wakiya. Both of them agree, they need to interfere if things go out of hand. Shu just kept his gaze turned on his own hands as if he was trying to get a hold of himself. Lui grunted in displeasure. He tugged on his wrist and twisted it, turning the albino around in the process. A startled yelp came out from his mouth. Lui wrapped one of his hands around his waist tightly, trapping the albino in his tight grip. Their bodies pressed together. Lui took Shu's hand from his own free hand and laced their fingers. "Now," He said, his voice low and narrowed dangerously. "Do it, you're pissing me off" He said, leaning against his ear.

Shu shuddered at the close contact. He breathed heavily, it was impossible. He couldn't focus when he was trapped inside Lui's tight grip and to start with his fire was never smooth and controlled like Lui's ice. Lui tightens the grip on their arms pressing his cold palm against Shu's warm one. "Do it! Or else I'll activate my ice"

Shu closed his eyes, a sigh escaping his lips. "I'm not doing it"

Lui growled. "You asked for it"