Looking For You

A/n - There's graphic descriptions of violence in this chapter. Read at your own risk ig.

Shu didn't know whether he should be disgusted at the earlier conversation or be grateful for the comfortable way they were treating him at the moment. If he was given a choice he would probably go with the first one. This temporary luxury he had been offered can burn into the air with a simple mistake. It was a risky game. After the bath, he was given fresh clothes. The white silk was too soft against his skin. It flowed around him in shapeless folds. The cloth itself looked as if it had been handcrafted with feathers and fragments of a fluttering cloud. "This way. The young master is asking for you" One of the maids said, walking him out of the door. There was a lingering sense of silence which unsettled him. The monarch was unfair, but Shu didn't see anyone opposing him. Not a single soul standing up for the good of the commoners inside this mysteriously obedient land.

"I've been waiting for you" A voice cooed. Shu broke his gaze away from the cowering maids and turned. The man who ruled it all. Young and still held enormous power in his hands. He took steps towards him in his graceful manner, as if he was gliding through a fresh sheet of ice instead of walking on solid land. When he pressed a kiss on the back of Shu's hand, the albino was ready to take on the word assault and the dangers he must have to face staying inside this room.

Shu bowed, just a dip of his head. "Thank you for treating me with all these things" He vaguely gestured at the clothes and his fresh state. It was a good change. Shu felt his mind crystal clear. The thoughts which stumbled earlier were making good sense right now. He could take this. The monarch made his way towards him in his usual graceful way, gliding through the floor. He stopped in front of him, bending low to look at him in the eye. Shu's crimson eyes bore into his deep eyes. There was a menace in those dilated pupils. A deep insanity barricaded by the shallow laws of customs and manners. The man slid his hand down Shu's jaw, wrapping his long fingers on the side of his neck as if Shu was a lyre and he was the musician striking the cord, handling him in a way that harmonious music would elicit. Shu stumbled a step back. He wasn't surprised. Just worried. He waited, not uttering a single word. Testing the waters. When he was finally cornered to the wall, Shu decided to put up a bit of a resistance, pressing his palms on the man's chest, trying to push him back.

He actually took a step back, just staring. His lips parted into a feral smirk. "Are we going too fast?"

Shu managed his own smile, "Maybe"

Big mistake. Shu thought as he was pushed back again, hauled up against the marbled walls. He took it as an opening, an invitation. Shu grimaced when his hand slid to his waist. His slender fingertips caressing the folds in his silk robes. "What's going on?" A voice interrupted. Shu felt a burden pushed off his shoulders when he saw a man standing by the doorway. Raven hair tied up in a ponytail as his amber eyes looked in between them. The purple-haired monarch pushed away from him, striding towards the person. His hands open into a welcoming embrace, his dark eyes bubbly and lit with pure serene happiness. The early menace was gone. "Tatsu" He grinned, embracing him. The man didn't look uncomfortable. In the moment of pure confusion Shu wondered whether he had just become a vixen of this man, a mistress, an illicit relationship.

"Who's that?"

He looked over his shoulder at Shu, "That's my new toy" His smile was almost innocent as he uttered those monstrous words, objectifying him.

The man named Tatsu sighed, "The meeting needs you." He said, "You better go to the throne room"

Other frowned, "And my commander is not coming?"

"I just came after a battle, I'll rest"

He nodded and soon just like that, Shu was forgotten. He watched frozen as the man walked out of the room. Just as if he hadn't been trying to assault Shu a moment ago. Just as if he didn't exist anymore. Not that he was complaining. He barely escaped. Shu felt the burn of Tatsu's gaze on his skin. He was a tall man with broad shoulders and the gaze of a hawk. His uniform with heavy armor plates fitted his status as a commander. He gestured at Shu to come out and Shu followed, curious and alert. Tatsu was walking in front of him, guiding him towards a quiet hallway. Shu was two steps behind him, cautious in his steps. He was standing in an unknown land with an unknown man. He didn't have the luxury of trusting anyone. The said man finally stopped in front of an open verandah overlooking one of the massive gardens. Shu had lost the count by now. They had lots of gardens.