Let's Breakthrough, Together - Part I

They were all gathered in front of the training grounds. Finally, it was the first day of their tournaments. The starting day of the long chain of trials that are waiting for them to overcome. Everyone looked fresh, passionate and determined. The sky was a clear crystal blue with a warm breeze passing through them. The previous day all of them were enjoying the Sky God Festival. Shu's performance with his archery went well and the rest of the day everyone spent the day feasting with the fellow civilians of the kingdom. Everyone could see the difference between Shu and Lui. Rather than fighting, both of them spent the whole day celebrating with each other and quite surprisingly they both acted like two normal human beings with each other.

Everyone was looking forward to this day, the start of their tournaments. Headmaster walked toward the boys, his eyes were emotionless and not a hint of warmth was hidden in his features. "The start of the tournaments will be marked today," He announced. His dark eyes inspecting each and everyone closely. "There would be four rounds for the games. Only eight teams would be chosen from the first round which means, more than half of the teams would be eliminated." Stifled gasps could be heard throughout the arena. All of them knew tournaments were going to be tough, but they didn't expect them to be totally brutal. " From the second two more groups would be eliminated and for the third round six pairs would be chosen. And the last two pairs standing will reach the finals which will be held in front of all of your parents, with the presence of the respective royalty from each kingdom. Also" He said, stopping right in front of the middle, "The last round is solo. You'll have to fight against your partner to become the winner. The last one standing would be the ultimate winner in the end"

Shu glanced at Lui who looked at him. "Don't think about the last" He muttered, shifting from leg to leg. "We'll get to the finals. That's our goal for now"

Shu nodded with a grateful smile. "Okay, let's do it"

Their material art teacher stepped to the front, ready to inform them about the first round. "The first round is held in the woods. Each of you would be given a different route and in the end of each route is a soldier from the Black Panther army"

Zac blinked, voicing the name again, "B-Black Panther?"

The martial arts teacher grinned, pleased by the shaken attitude of the other students. "You might've heard about them before."

Free crossed his arms with a grim expression, "The best undercover army in the world."

The teacher nodded, "Yes, if you defeat the person and reach the school ground before there are eight pairs you'll be in the second round. And of course the Black Panthers are not your only obstacle. There will be much more when you advance through the path. The natural phenomenon and wild animals are for you all to handle. Those will depend on your luck. Good luck"

The countdown began as everyone positioned themselves in front of their routes, ready to overcome whoever waiting for them at the end of the road. The Headmaster gave out the call as everyone walked into the forest, fear, passion, courage mixing inside everyone's hearts. This is the first test and the first step of many yet to come and all they wanted was to survive this and overcome the struggle to be the winner of the tournaments.

Lui and Shu walked along the small path filled with stones, rocks and various plants blocking their way. Both of them were awfully silent, listening to their surroundings, vigilant about all the dangers around them. A rustle of the trees, the creak of a broken branch was enough to make the males take a defensive position. At some point both of them wondered whether they were overdoing it. And Shu concluded they were overdoing it when Lui attacked a leaf which landed in front of them, carried away by the soft breeze. "Okay" Shu spoke, "Everything needs limits. Like what they hell are we doing again?"