His Violet Eyes - Part I

Lui leaned against the door frame of the medical room watching the unconscious boy laying on the bed. Valt was sitting on the edge of the bed, his face contorted into a concerned expression. Free placed a hand on Valt's shoulder with a reassuring nod which for the latter gave a small smile with a nod. Lui just watched, the sunlight filtering from the curtains shining against his pale face. He looks so peaceful, Lui thought absentmindedly as Free spoke. "I've never seen his health get this worse"

Valt shook his head. "It gets worse sometimes."

"Worse?" Lui asked, raising his brow. He couldn't even imagine how much worse this so-called illness can get.

Valt nodded, letting out a shuddering breath. Even the picture and the memory inside his mind was enough to bring chills down his spine. He had seen it one time, one time getting much worse. He still remembered his friend's painful cries as he struggled to breath, clawing at his throat. It was not something pretty to remember either. Lui didn't question furthermore. He could see the uneasiness of the other male just talking about it. So he just let it go. "You two go and train," Lui said. Valt was about to reject his offer when Lui opened his mouth again. "Shu wouldn't like to see you two slacking off because of him. I think you must know that better than me"

Valt ducked his head. As much as he hates to admit it, he knew if Shu finds out that he missed a training session because of him the male would be frantic. Valt wordlessly got up and turned to Lui. "If something happened"

"I'll inform you," Lui said, nodding. Valt exited the room with Free following close by. Lui pushed away from the door frame and walked to the bed standing in the opposite corner of the room, just beside the window filtering the sunlight through the half closed curtains. He crossed his arms, looking at the boy. He still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that this could get much worse. Why the hell did his parents agree to send him to a training school when he's in this much of a critical condition, Lui thought groaning. The silent overtook the room again. Everything was silent except for Lui's own storming mind. It was as if the thoughts were pouring out from his heart. If Shu ends up every time they try those new technique there's no use doing that. Then his mind suddenly went back to Free's statement. According to him Shu trained the whole night the other day without taking a rest and that might've been the cause of his sudden collapse. Lui clenched his fists looking at the albino. "You're so stubborn" he muttered under his breath. The albino twitched, grabbing the attention of the other male. A groan escaped his lips as Shu turned around from the window cracking one of his eyes open. Lui just watched him with an apathetic look as Shu sat in an upright position.

"What're you staring at?" Shu asked, raising his brow.

Lui scowled. "What a great way to greet the one who kept company"

A sudden feeling of guilt washed over his mind. Did Lui really wait by the bed till he wakes? That's not exactly a much of a Lui thing to do, Shu thought, looking up at the white tyrant. "Thanks...I guess"

Lui just nodded, taking another step toward the boy. Shu blinked as Lui leaned down against his face reaching one of his hands to his forehead, pressing his cold hand against the warm skin of the albino. Shu peered at those majestic violet eyes. For the first time he realized how beautiful they looked up close. It was like galaxies inside them as they reflected the sun rays. Lui hummed. "The fever is down and you'll live"

Shu drew his gaze away from him. "I won't die that easily"

Lui smiled, "I know. It's annoying though"

Shu clicked his tongue as a yawn broke through his features. Lui sat down on the edge of the bed taking the other off guard. Shu crossed his legs, raising his brow at the other. Lui narrowed his eyes. "Why didn't you take enough rest yesterday night? You should know about your own limits by now"