Chapter Fifteen

| FAILED |

The Phantom Fox was in her own world, her head was stuck in a book as she was sat beside the bars to receive light to read her book. But her head snapped up when she heard heavy footsteps coming her way, they started to slow down coming closer to her cell. 

So she placed the book beside her on the floor and stood up with her hands behind her back, "Secretary Pierce has requested your presence in his house." Rulmow unlocked the cell for the woman to walk out. 

She gave him a sharp nod before she made her way to the garage, but she noticed that one of the bikes was on a mission. Maybe The Winter Soldier was on a mission? But he was only on one a few days ago. 

She shrugged the thought away, hoping on the stygian black bike and speeded out of the base and down the dark streets. The only source of light was the street lights and the bright stars in the sky. 

She'd never been to Pierce's house, but what she overheard from the guards is that it's pretty big. She wasn't surprised, the man was pretty wealthy. He acted like he owned the world, and he could control it- well he did have the world most dangerous assassin under his control. 

He wanted something done, she'd do it for him. Simple as that. No hesitation, just go and do it. Even though she's never been to the house, she knew where it was. And that definitely came in handy. She didn't want to be late when it came to Pierce, the man hated to wait. 

But what shocked her was the other motorbike parked outside Pierce house, it looked exactly like hers. That's when it clicked in her head. She was most likely doing a mission with The Winter Soldier again. 

She parked the motorbike beside the other one, she looked for a way to get into the house. She couldn't just go up and knock on the door, that was totally out of the story. But she could sneak into the house. And that's exactly what she did. 

The Phantom Fox could see the footprints of the soldier previously walking into the house. She could've scoffed at him, he was horrible at not leaving tracks behind him. But she eventually found the window he'd climbed through. 

She gently pulled herself up with ease and quickly walked into the house. Her trained eyes instantly met with the soldier, he was sat patiently waiting for Pierce. He didn't even hear the redhead sneak up behind him. 

The only reason The Winter Soldier knew she was behind him, was because she placed a conjured gun in front of him on the table. He looked between them, he was clearly surprised he didn't hear her come in. But he hid it well, but not well enough for the redhead to notice. 

The Winter Soldier has his metal arm rested on the table, while The Phantom Fox stood on his right, slightly behind him. The two were in the darkest corner of the kitchen, with only the minutest amount of light shining on the two. 

She was honestly surprised that she was sent to Pierce's house on such short notice. But then again, it must have been a big mission. And if there was anything The Phantom Fox liked, it was a big mission. They're stressed, but they're better. Most things to keep her on her feet for. But whatever shit Pierce had got himself into, he dug deeper than expected with whatever he did. And she knew it wasn't going to be easy.

The two noticed Pierce's housemaid walk past the kitchen to get her stuff, getting ready to leave. Pierce walked in soon after, but at first, he didn't see the two sitting in the dark. So he casual opened the fridge and grabbed a carton of milk, turning around he placed it on the island, that's when he noticed their presence.