Chapter Twenty-One

| Haircut |
WEEK ONE

"Hey, so since the night is nearly over. Is there anything else you want to do?" Bucky questioned as he and Cassie walked down the evening street of Brooklyn.

"There's one more thing." Cassie grinned up at the eighteen-year-old boy,

"What is it?" He gave her a confused look. She just smiled as she held onto Bucky's hand tighter and ran down the street and into the park. "What are we doing here, Doll?" Bucky asked again

"When I first came here to Brooklyn I was waking in the park at sunset." She answered while she sat down "And this spot has the best view of the sunset in my opinion." She pulled her knees to her chest while Bucky's arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

The two just watched the sunset in silence. The only noise was the sound of the noise coming from the town and the soft humming noise coming from Bucky. Cassie didn't even know what song he was humming to, but she liked it and shifted her gaze up to him.

Just looking at him instead of the sunset. "You're staring." Bucky cockily smirked down at her,

"I'm gazing." She replied with the answer that Bucky told her two years before at Christmas.

The brunette's smirk turned into a soft smile at her answer, "Is that so?" He bent down so their lips were inches apart,

"That's so." She replied, looking into his steel-blue eyes.

Bucky continues to hum to the song again before she pressed his lips against the redheads. The vibration of him humming made her giggled through the kiss.

Cassie realized that he was repeating what he was humming and soon joined in with a smile.

Cassie shot up with a gasp, cold sweat dripping from her forehead and the light of the sun shone through the windows that were covered with newspapers.

Looking over the couch, Cassie scanned the room for Bucky. She couldn't find him anywhere in the small apartment. He wasn't in the bathroom and wasn't in the main room.

They were the only two rooms in the apartment. She started to slightly panic not knowing where he was. She looked around the kitchen for any sign of a note he might have left her saying he was going out for food. But there was nothing.

She soon heard the rattling of the door, her head turned to look at the door and the panic in her chest grew. Grabbing one of the hidden guns that were under the kitchen table.

The redhead hid behind the couch and waited until she heard the noise of the door finally opening. But to her surprised, she was holding a gun aimed directly between the eyes of Bucky.

"What the hell, Bucky?" Cassie pressed the safety on the gun before placing it gently on the table.

"I went to get more plums. I ran out." Bucky raised the plastic bag of six purple plums in the air.

Cassie sighed and shook her head. She placed the gun back in its hiding placed before she sat down at the table.

"I was also thinking. What happens if we need to evacuate. Like right now?" Bucky hung his jacket on the back of the chair before sitting opposite the woman.