🍁Robert X Reader

IM S O SORRY FOR THE SLOWNESS OF MY POSTING LOL- I got the COVID-19 vaccine and my arm is SO SORE :'((

anyway. This is short (kinda) so I able to actually finish it. I keep getting distracted from things I'm supposed to be doing and now there's this. 🕺🕺

Ya'll r adults in this bTW- :)

Enjoy lol-

———

It was around 6 o'clock in the evening. Clouds looked fierce in the sky, and rain was pouring down. Occasional booms of thunder could be heard as well. I was working on dinner, slicing up vegetables. Though I couldn't focus on actually making dinner very well. My boyfriend, Robert, has been missing. Usually he'd be home by now.. but there was so sign of him. The weather just fueled my concern, I wonder if he was caught up in it.

I sighed in worry. Quickly chopping vegetables and moving them into the pot of boiling water. I took a spoon out from a drawer and stirred the water, checking the color of them every so often. After I decided they were done, I moved the pot into the sink after turning the burner off. Working to strain out the water.

I jumped when the door swung open. I turned around quickly towards it, calling my boyfriends name.

"Rob? Where have you been I've been so worried!"

Robert walked into the room panting and soaking wet. His hands shoved weirdly in his coat. I gave him a sympathetic look and ran over to him.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I know... just don't kill me for this." He said to me.

I raised an eyebrow, "For what?"

He slowly moved his wet coat out of the way, his hand holding something against his chest. I leaned in for further examination, seeing a puff of black and white fur. My mouth opened but then closed again, watching a little head pop out.

It was a kitten.

The poor thing was shivering and wet, clutching onto Robert's shirt with it's nails. My gaze was soft, peering at the small, sad little animal.

Robert giggled, "Her name is peanut, I found her in an alleyway all alone." I muttered an 'aww' giving him grabby hands to hold her.

He carefully handed her to me. Peanut clutched onto my shirt immediately, letting out a small meow. I felt all bubbly from looking at the cute black and white kitten. Robert smiled as he watched me melt from adorableness.

"I'll be right back! I'm going to go get a blanket and warm towel and dry her off!" He shouted, sprinting away.

I held onto the kitten tightly, gently petting her. She seemed to flinch every time my hand made contact with her fur. It made me really sad.. I wonder what happened to her mother.

Robert came crashing down the stairs again with a blanket, then he sped into the laundry room to claim a freshly cleaned towel from the dryer. I gave Peanut back to him and he sat down on the couch, wrapping her in the towel and setting her down on the fluffy blanket.

"How do we feed her?" He asked, petting the now sleeping kitten.

"She looks too young to eat regular cat food, we'll have to get formula from the store." I answered him, continuing dinner.

Robert shot up, going to get his coat. I smiled at his admiration to take care of this kitten, but I was almost finished with our dinner. Not to mention the weather..

"Hold it." I said to him. He stopped in his tracks and stared at me. "Let's eat first, then I promise we will go to the store... together... and get formula for Peanut."

"Okay, that's fair." He smiled at me, coming over to help me get dinner set up.

- B I G Time skip -

Our trip was a success, we had found formula and got some bottles to feed her with. I taught Robert how to make and warm it up. Peanut was fed and happy.

I was in bed watching TV, still waiting for Robert to come to bed. I sat, watching the random animal documentary that came on when I turned on the TV and got into for some reason.

Robert came into the room, I noticed he was carrying something and trying to hide it. He was doing a horrible job. I smirked at him.

"Whatcha got there?" I teased.

He frowned with guilt and turned to me. "Peanut looked lonely..."

I laughed, "Rob, we dragged that cage inside for a reason. She can't sleep with us, you'll crush her in your sleep." I crossed my arms, smiling at him.

He set the confused kitten down on our bed while he got dressed into his sleeping clothes. I watched Peanut stumble around on the bed before tripping over her own feet. She fell onto the blankets and stayed down. I giggled.

Robert got into bed, picking up Peanut and laying her on his lap. He massaged the kitten's ears making her slowly lay her head down and fall asleep once again. He had the biggest smile on his face.

He turned to me, "Peanut is our child now."

"Oh I know... Your emotionally attached. I can't do anything now." I laughed.

He leaned over, kissing my lips softly before resting his head on my shoulder. "We're parenttsss nowww..." he said, dramatically dragging on his words.

I tried to confine my laughter, watching my boyfriend's brain slowly melt from all the cuteness he was taking in. I rubbed my eyes. I finally felt how tired I actually was.

"Okay well I'm going to sleep, make sure you put her back before you go to sleep so you don't squish her." I mumbled, laying down and getting comfortable.

"Goodnight Y/N, I love you." He said, kissing my forehead.

"Night, love you too."

He puffed up his cheeks in fake anger, pointing at Peanut. I chuckled, rolling my eyes playfully.

"Goodnight Peanut, welcome to the family."

(986 words , LOL RIP THE PEOPLE WHO R ALLERGIC TO CATS-)