* The End *

“I remember Asgard. My home, my people, my life. The universe wants to break free, so it manifests chaos. Like me being born the Goddess of Mischief. And as soon as that created a big enough detour from the Sacred Timeline, the TVA showed up, erased my reality, and took me prisoner. I was just a child. I escaped. Stole a Tempad and I ran for a long, long time, which really sucked. Everywhere and everywhen I went, it caused a Nexus event. Sent up a smoke flare. Because I’m not supposed to exist. Until, eventually, I figured out where to hide. And so that’s where I grew up, the ends of a thousand worlds. Now, that’s where I’ll die.”

“If it makes you feel better you can kill me. A TVA agent for another.” G-16 threw a rock in the water. “I’ll be dead soon anyway.”

“You really don’t remember anything ?” She turned her head to look at Loki and shrugged. 

“I popped up in the TVA line-up and got assigned to the tech department.”

“And before that ?” G-16 threw another rock. 

“There’s nothing before that.”

“I could show you.” 

G-16 looked at the ground, grabbed another rock, and threw it above her head. When it hit her, she looked at Sylvie, sitting behind her. 

“Ok.”

___________

📍FRANCE - 1937

“Nice hat.”

G-16 looked around her in confusion. Everything was different. Her clothes, her shoes, her hair, the place, the people, even the air. She didn’t understand. She was walking with dozens of other women. She knew them. She didn’t know how, but she knew them all. And her feet knew where to go. 

“Hey. Focus on my voice.” She turned her head to the woman walking next to her. “You’re almost there, you need to help me. I can’t do it all on my own, G-16.”

She closed her eyes. ‘G-16’. She knew this number. Her name. The TVA. The variants. Lamentis 1. The Ark. She opened her eyes and looked around. She was panicking. 

“Where are we ?” Sylvie pointed at something in the distance. The Eiffel Tower. “France ?”

“Apparently.” G-16 looked at the papers she was holding. Newspapers. 

La Française doit voter, 1937. Wow, I’m French.” ('The French woman must vote', it was a big campaign for women to be allowed to vote in France. Fun fact, they could be elected to the Senate or any other position, but not vote.)

“Is that good ?” G-16 laughed. 

“More than that. In the archives, I was obsessed with France.”

“They can’t erase everything, I guess.” Sylvie smiled at her. “I’ve been there not long ago.”

“I know. That’s when Loki got to the TVA.” G-16 looked at the women walking around, handing newspapers to the people in the streets, and asking for a right to vote. “How do I know this is real ?”

“I don’t do illusions. We’re in your head, only a long time ago.”

“What did I do ?”

“Ask them. I can only access strong memories. This one must have been really important to you.”

G-16 walked for a few minutes, reading the paper in her hands, smiling at her ‘friends’ around her. There was a strange feeling of peace. Of power, also.