* Lies *

When Sylvie finally woke up, G-16 couldn’t help herself. She sighed and let her head fall on the table. A few seconds later, she heard her gasp and felt a hand shaking her arm. 

“Loki’s singing.”

“I know.” G-16 raised her head and looked at Sylvie. “He’s also very drunk.”

“What happened ?” 

“I- Well… He said wouldn’t get drunk.”

“And you believed him ?” G-16 forced Sylvie to look back at her. 

“Don’t look at him ! It’s only gonna make things worse.”

“How long ?” She tried to take a quick look at Loki and turned back to G-16. “Where are his guard clothes ?”

“Too long. Way too long. And huh… He said that no one cared and people would be more disturbed by my name than his choice of clothes.”

“He has ‘VARIANT’ written on his back ! Why didn’t you stop him ?” G-16 didn’t understand how a drunk god was her responsibility and raised her hands in defense. 

“Please know that I tried. But every time I tried to get him back here he tried to make me dance.”

“Oh.” Finally Sylvie seemed to understand G-16’s pain. She looked at the other side of the room and nudged at G-16. “Someone left. Gray hair, beard, blue suit.”

“I’m on it.” G-16 smiled and looked at the bar. 

“Another !” Loki threw a glass on the floor. Again. G-16 turned back to Sylvie and sighed.

“Take care of that... situation, he’s been throwing things for hours.” She stood up and left, making sure to stay away from Loki. 

__________

G-16 had no idea there were so many people in that train. They probably crowded the place to save as many people as possible. 

She spotted the target pretty easily but the amount of people was slowing her. When he finally stopped, she sat down next to a man and told him about some peasant’s child who was crying next to her seat. He offered her to stay with him after making sure she was a pleasant view to look at and she began watching her target. 

He was talking to one of the hostesses. He didn’t seem dangerous and even G-16, as inexperienced as she was, could fight him easily if he tried anything. The hostess showed him a seat, which he refused, and she left. 

When she came back, she was not alone. A whole group of guards was behind her and were talking to the target. G-16 left and ran back to the bar. 

As soon as she entered the room, Sylvie looked at her. G-16 walked to her and grabbed her arm. 

“We need to hide. Guards are coming.” She glanced at Loki who finally stopped singing, and saw him with a dagger in hand. She rolled her eyes. “Again with the dagger ?”

“Yes, you interrupted me quite rudely here.” He looked back at Sylvie and held the dagger between them. “But when you reach for it…” She tried to grab it but the illusion wore off and the dagger disappeared. 

“Love is an imaginary dagger ?” 

“I did it with a real one earlier but she tried to stab me.” He pointed at G-16, who didn’t really feel guilty about it. “Very rude, by the way.” 

The guards entered the room with the man she followed a few minutes ago. They came from both exits. The guards walked towards them and asked for their tickets. G-16 and Sylvie exchanged a look but Loki seemed to be confident about handling it.