Bonus #1

3 years later*

Janmashtami 

Aradhana~ 

It's Janmashtami today. It's my Kanha's birthday! Adarsh was sleeping while I was preparing breakfast. Where's mr. daddy btw? it's already 9. 

I headed up the stairs towards our room and opened the door just to find the small version messing with the original version's hair.  I knocked two times  on the door along with a small fake cough after I got it that the father-son duo didn't notice me. 

Adarsh came running to me and I picked him up in my arms. 

"Kya chal raha tha yaha pe?" I asked settling both of us on the bed. 

"Papa ke baalal chhe maggi maggi khel....laha tha mai." He replied in his cute baby tone to which I widened my eyes while he just laughed along with his son. 

" Achha thik hai, ab tumhare dost aane wale hai unke saath khelna, late ho raha hai office ke liye." Adi added which Addu ignored and continued his play with his toys. 

I took him to his room and came back since, teen saal ho gaye, lekin inko apne baal nahi banane aaye. 

(it's been  three whole years and still he doesn't know how to settle his hair.) 

I had already prepared the breakfast, just his tea was left. After I tied his hair into a man bun, I went to heat the water and what I saw just freaked me out. 

"ADARSH! " I screamed on the top of my lungs seeing him on the tool which was on the chair, probably trying to steal the chocolates which I had kept hidden in the closet yesterday. 

He was about to fall when I just reached in time, engulfing him in my arms as my heart kept beating frantically. 

"Did you get hurt baby?" I asked as he looked at me with fearful eyes. I got him down the stool and took out a milky bar and gave it to him who took it with shaking hands. 

I bent down to his level and made him look at me. My boy is scared. 

" Agar kabhi kuchh chahiye hota hai to mujhe ya papa ko bola karo, please aise stool pe chadhke nahi. Mai atleast tumhe nahi kho sakti." I said as a sob escaped my lips. He is way too precious to me than anybody else. 

( If you ever need anything, tell me or your papa. Just don't climb on a stool like that, I can't afford to loose you atleast!) 

He nodded and went back to his room. I saw Adi who was standing there with a petrified face. I could feel the anger radiating off him. He had just taken two steps towards our son's room, when I caught hold of his hand to stop him. 

"What? Leave me. He needs to know what he did." He replied while I stood there with tears in my eyes. 

"Adi, Adarsh is way too young to face YOUR ruthless anger. Please don't. Not today atleast." I pleaded tightening my hold on his wrist. I left his hand once I knew that THAT feeling was not around us. 

"Yaar tum hi bigaad rahi ho use." He huffed and went back to the room to bring his bag. 

The guests had already arrived fot the Puja. I was in the kitchen. Ruchi was preparing the thali plate while I was preparing the Mahabhoj.

Well yes, it happens. It's done, but....... Where is the bowl of the kheer ?

I opened the fridge and could not find the container in which I kept it. Huh? Where is it? The kitchen area was covered with two huge curtains, covering the whole thing.