Chapter 281-290

Chapter 281: Flaring Jealousy

Soon, dinner was ready.

Everyone sat together with their scrumptious meals around the warm hearth, and the cake Lin Mu’an had prepared beforehand delivered punctually to Jing Ting. Along with the dazzling colored lights of the Christmas tree, it was perhaps the warmest and coziest Christmas Eve everyone there ever had.

At the same time, Lin Mu’an was snuggling up to Sheng Minglan on purpose. And seeing that Jing Yun hadn’t taken a seat, Mu Qiqi sneaked up to him and said, “Don’t you know that Lin Mu’an is a Casanova? You best watch out, especially with Fourth Sister feeling down right now… he just might exploit that chance.”

Jing Yun looked at Mu Qiqi and said nothing, although he took a food tray and stiffly squeezed between Mu’an and Sheng Minglan.

Mu Qiqi and Sheng Xiao shared a glance then and smiled. In the end, goading works best.

“It’s such a long time since I’ve played such a childish game… or do we need to make wishes on Christmas Eve?” Even so, Lin Mu’an deliberately looked past Jing Yun to speak to Sheng Minglan. “Well, goddess, shall we play a game? How about it?”

Lu Qianqian quickly raised her hand in agreement. “I second that. It’s Qi’er’s birthday and we are all friends here. Let’s get the party started.”

“I have nothing against it.” Mu Qiqi raised her brow and turned to Sheng Xiao. “And you?”

“We’ll see who’s the boss here! Tell us the rules!”

“Let’s start with an exciting question—everyone must answer truthfully or drink five shots if you don’t. How about that? We may see each other quite a lot, but we don’t really know each other all that well, and since we’re all friends here, shouldn’t we be aware of everyone’s dark history?” Lin Mu’an said, at once explaining the rules of the game and asking what the others think. “So? Are we playing?”

“Yes.” Sheng Xiao replied, sealing the deal.

“Alright, I’ll start then! We’ll each answer in a clockwise sequence, and you only pass if everyone is satisfied with the answer!” Lin Mu’an said, readying the shot glasses in front of everyone.

“Let’s go!” Lu Qianqian was naturally very supportive—being Mu Qiqi’s best friend, she naturally knew that Mu Qiqi held the mini gathering to help Jing Yun, and was therefore putting on a good show.

“First question: the name of your first love!”

“Bug off! Do you even remember your first love?” Lu Qianqian glared at Lin Mu’an in disdain. “Still, I’ll be the first to answer since we’re going by the clock. That said, the whole town knew about my, so do I even have to say it? Duan Shao’an!”

“Crown Prince?”

No one doubted Lu Qianqian’s answer, which was why everyone immediately turned to Sheng Xiao.

It was Mu Qiqi’s birthday after all, and if the Crown Prince named another woman, he might be subject to kneeling on a durian.

Be that as it may, he remained fearless and his expression was ever-composed.

“What, does everyone think I would just choose any woman?” He said, putting his hand over Mu Qiqi’s shoulder. “There’s only one I ever liked—my darling Qi’er.”

“Really?” Everyone stared at him in suspicion, although Sheng Minglan stood up for him.

“I can testify in his stead over this: my cousin was insulated against women before Qiqi appeared in his life.”