Chapter 861-870

Chapter 861: If it Really is a Son, He'll be Called Sheng Batian!

After nightfall, Sheng Xiao brought Mu Qiqi back to the Shen family's home. Old Master Shen saw that she was looking healthy and like she held treasure. He led Mu Qiqi to the study and gave her a brocade box. "This is my gift to my great-grandson."

"Grandfather, you're too stingy. When Grandpa Sheng knew that I was pregnant, he said that he would give all of Huang Yao's shares." Mu Qiqi teased him on purpose.

"How can that be the same? Your grandfather isn't a businessman. How can he give you tens of thousands? If you want it, then take it. If you don't want it, then forget it." The old man was grumpy and turned his back to Mu Qiqi.

Mu Qiqi chuckled and hugged the old man's arm coquettishly. "Whatever you give me, I'll be happy."

"Too late."

"So, Grandfather, be a little more magnanimous. Don't be outdone by your little great-grandson."

The old man pouted and was a little surprised by this little thing's actions.

When Sheng Xiao saw this, he could not help but secretly smile. She was actually making fun of her grandfather.

Sheng Xiao turned around and went to Shen Jianchuan's antiques room. He saw that he was wearing a vest and standing in the middle of a pile of antiques. He did not feel out of place at all.

Shen Jianchuan went to the room to see him and asked, "Did the matter with Tang Yan go smoothly?"

"It was because it went too smoothly that a hidden danger was left behind." Sheng Xiao raised his head and looked at his father-in-law. "Sheng Kai..."

Shen Jianchuan thought for a moment and sat down on the sofa. "This is really a difficult problem. The war with Jin Bo is just the beginning. We don't know how many years this road will take us. Now that Sheng Kai is caught in the middle, it's really uncomfortable. Do you have any thoughts?"

Sheng Xiao shook his head. "Sheng Kai has many thoughts, heavy ones. It's not easy to control him. Even if we set up a plan for him today, he will be able to overturn it very soon."

"He's your brother. You know better than us what kind of person he is. If you really want to pull him back, then put him in the most conspicuous place so that Jin Bo won't have the strength to deal with him. I think this is probably Old Master Sheng's wish too, right?"

Sheng Xiao did not answer, but Shen Jianchuan laughed.

"It's not strange at all. This is what the human heart is like." After saying that, Shen Jianchuan glanced at Sheng Xiao again. "All these years, you haven't been forced by Old Master Sheng into a headstrong and opinionated personality. You've taken on the responsibilities of a man quite well."

Sheng Xiao's gaze turned to Mu Qiqi who was outside the door.

If it wasn't for her appearing, perhaps he would still be that cynical crown prince.

In this lifetime, there wouldn't be much change.

"Jin Bo's son will be back in a few days, right? So, you don't have to be anxious. The fact is that Sheng Kai is lacking an opportunity and he's being suspected now. It's best if you don't pay any attention to it and let Jin Bo be completely at ease."

Outside the door, Mu Qiqi was very impatient and poked her head into the room. "I've never seen a couple like the two of you talk so much."

"Go out and accompany her," Shen Jianchuan said to Sheng Xiao.

Sheng Xiao nodded slightly and got up. He was dragged by Mu Qiqi to sit on the sofa while she exclaimed, "Grandfather, let me tell you. I found a helper and I don't believe that my Master Xiao can't beat you."