Chapter 731-740

Chapter 731: I Won’t Be Embarrassed!

“Aren’t you too infatuated with me?” Sheng Xiao turned her body around and pinched her chin.

Mu Qiqi broke free from his grip and suddenly hugged him tightly. “Although I know you’re confident, when I think about it, I still feel scared. How could any normal girl tolerate her husband coming into contact with those dark and dirty things?”

“Don’t forget your identity. You’re a forensic doctor.” Sheng Xiao was a little helpless against her fragile heart.

“It’s precisely because I’m a forensic doctor that I know very well that the dirtiest thing in this world is the human heart,” Mu Qiqi emphasized. “The more I see, the more I know that humans are scarier than ghosts.”

Sheng Xiao did not say anything else. He had no say in this matter and could not convince Mu Qiqi otherwise.

After all, Mu Qiqi was the one who had been in and out of murder scenes countless times.

The two hugged each other quietly for a while. After what seemed like a long time, Mu Qiqi stuck her head out again and asked, “So, has everything been taken care of?”

“Now that we’re looking at Tang Yan’s investigation, I have another question in my mind. However, I’ll have to wait for Tang Yan’s results to come out.”

Mu Qiqi did not pursue the matter further. In any case, her heart was filled with the thought of waiting until the old man’s birthday. She also wanted to know how Sheng Kai planned to kick off his “magnificent and wonderful” prelude to his plans.

The diacetylmorphine had already been replaced with lime powder. Things had been set in motion. How would things pan out?

..

Late that night, Tang Yan received the investigation results. All the people who handled the five batches of imitations in Huang Yao were free from suspicion. They had unintentionally brought the items into the warehouse. In other words, Huang Yao’s name could be completely cleared.

Sheng Bowen called Sheng Xiao to tell him the good news. The plan could be carried out smoothly.

However, Sheng Xiao’s expression became extremely gloomy.

“If all the people who handled it are fine, then there must be Sheng Kai’s people in Huang Yao,” Sheng Xiao deduced. “Think about it. On the old man’s birthday, who would be the one to discover and reveal this secret? However, you don’t have to be in a hurry to look for it. When it happens, whoever calls the police will be the mole.”

“That’s the reason.”

Sheng Bowen replied, “Although there’s no need to deliberately investigate, I can still keep an eye out for it just in case.”

“Suit yourself.”

“Eighth Brother, what’s with your attitude?”

“You know the reason.” With that, Sheng Xiao hung up the phone, not giving Sheng Bowen any chance to speak again.

Thinking about why Sheng Xiao ended the call so abruptly, Sheng Bowen realized that it must be because he told Mu Qiqi something he shouldn’t have.

The little one must be pestering Eight Brother. It was a lively and interesting scene just thinking about it.

But it didn’t matter. This way, the old man’s birthday would not only have Mu Qiqi, that little one, giving him a gift, but there would also be an even more exciting segment..

Someone’s going to be paying the price for what he had done.

..

Sheng Kai had indeed spent a lot of effort this time to set up a trap to lure these fishes into taking the bait.