Chapter 761-770

Chapter 761: Master Xiao, Are You Kidding Me

Mu Qiqi searched and observed the deceased’s room carefully.

Old Cheng and the others had questioned the deceased’s friends and colleagues and came to a unanimous conclusion that Bai Xinyi was a cheerful girl who had a reasonable plan for her life. Everyone had been surprised by her suicide.

Old Cheng couldn’t get anything else, so he returned to the crime scene.

“Qiqi, did you get anything?”

“I didn’t find anything related to the man on the business card.” Mu Qiqi stood up and said, “I’d like to ask, how was the relationship between the deceased and her mother?”

“According to her friends, the deceased’s parents divorced in her early years and she lived with her mother. After she graduated from university, she started working at Changrong Electronics. It’s been almost three years. Her mother seems to be ill. She also bought a return ticket. Moreover, according to the phone records, she and her mother have been in frequent contact recently.”

After Mu Qiqi heard this, she nodded. “I thought that she wouldn’t be on the best of terms with her mother.”

“Why do you think so?”

“Didn’t you notice when you came in? The room is filled with photos of her and her father. There’s not a single photo of her with her mother,” Mu Qiqi explained. “Do you think that’s normal?”

Old Cheng observed carefully and found that it was indeed so.

“I think that we can focus on investigating the deceased’s mother. The murderer might have made use of her mother to send some sort of sign to the deceased. Where’s Captain Tang?”

“Something came up, so he went home,” Old Cheng replied.

The people in the branch office didn’t know that Feng Shanshan was pregnant, so they didn’t know that Tang Yan had gone back to accompany Feng Shanshan for a prenatal checkup.

“Alright then, that’s it for today. You guys get information about her parents immediately. After Captain Tang makes a decision, do you want to investigate her parents?”

Old Cheng nodded and sighed. “Such a young and beautiful girl. What a pity. Xiao Long and I will go back to the branch first. What about you?”

“You guys don’t have to bother about me. I’ve already informed my family,” Mu Qiqi replied.

“Then we’ll bid you goodbye here.”

The group finished their investigation and left Changrong Electronics.

However, as Sheng Xiao was still on his way, Mu Qiqi stood at the entrance of Changrong and waited.

Gu Ziling’s car drove out of Changrong shortly after. When she saw Mu Qiqi, she immediately rolled down the window and asked, “Medical examiner Mu, what did you find out?”

Mu Qiqi acted as if she had not heard anything as she did not want to communicate with Gu Ziling.

Gu Ziling was annoyed. She got out of the car and walked in front of Mu Qiqi and asked, “Why? You always show your proud side in front of me. What’s so great about you?”

“Gu Ziling, you will never understand how precious human lives are, so I feel that I don’t get along with you at all. I know what you’re thinking, but please put away your desire to win. I don’t have time to waste on you.

“I can’t reveal anything about the case to you. I’m wearing the medical examiner’s badge today, and I don’t want to make trouble for you. But I still want to give you some advice. It’s better to be careful and not step over your boundaries. What you did in the past is child’s play. Now human lives are involved.