Chapter 381-390

Chapter 381: Am I Easy To Bully Outside My Element?

"Are you sure I didn't prepare a gift?" Mu Qiqi asked Sheng Xiao in return.

Sheng Xiao was not concerned with her smell, and instead brought her to a hotel where he had reserved a lunch table. Still, as they came across many acquaintances, all of them had rather interesting reactions toward him now.

"There's a different Crown Prince at Huang Yao now... you really feel like weeping looking at Sheng Xiao now."

"No money, no power... he would rather marry into the Shen family for that woman and ruin himself, what a waste of my years of admiration toward him..."

"We don't have to be afraid of him now, right?"

Mu Qiqi and Sheng Xiao could hear those discussions as they walked past them, with the former sneering. Even if Xiao Xiao had really left the Sheng family, this bunch would never have the right to point and laugh at them.

Beside her, Sheng Xiao appeared quite nonchalant.

After all, he really liked watching how these people react...

"They really like to kick others when they are down..." Mu Qiqi was fuming for her man when she took her seat.

"Why bother?" Sheng Xiao said meaningfully. "Why waste your strength on trivial people and trivial matters?"

At those words, Mu Qiqi realized that she was seated in the middle of rose bushes, and therefore couldn't help taking out the necktie he bought for Sheng Xiao from her back.

It had a blue-stripe pattern, a color that Sheng Xiao would never spare a look before.

Still, he was now keeping a low-profile.

"I wanted to give it to you last night, but you were at the time..."

Sheng Xiao lifted his chin. "Help me put it on."

Mu Qiqi hence rose from her seat and went too him, but her movements were clumsy as she tried amateurishly to help him knot the tie.

In return, Sheng Xiao held her waist and watched in amusement how serious she looked, even as she tried to remember the steps to knot a tie.

"Did you just learn it?" He then asked.

"Yeah. I saw it from a video online, but failed a few times." Mu Qiqi answered quietly. "You've always looked so impeccable back when you were with the Sheng family, so I rarely have the chance to do something like this for you."

"Looks like my little is learning how to be a good wife now."

"Well, I finally have the chance to fiddle with you now that you're with the Shen family, or I would have blasted you away."

"That mouth!" Sheng Xiao grinned, suddenly holding Mu Qiqi by the neck and kissed her balmy lips. "So, am I easy to bully when I'm outside my element?"

"You're the bully!" Mu Qiqi was certainly unhappy with his description, before smoothly riding him on his thighs. "And I know what you really want to do here. You're not celebrating—you are trying to sweet-talk me this way, so that I won't be concerned about Miss Gu."

"You think too much."

The pair only started having their lunch after enough affection.

In fact, Sheng Xiao had another purpose in mind—since Old Sheng had put up such a great show to caution Sheng Xiao, he naturally had to return the favor.

Having a public display of affection with his little one at lunch and showing no bumps in their relationship... Old Sheng would definitely be furious if he knew, wouldn't he?