Chapter 781-790

Chapter 781: Is He Really Reliable?
The case of Sheng Bowen’s car accident was broadcasted on the television news. The voices of the public against Huang Yao had also become much quieter.

Seeing that the problem of Huang Yao had been easily solved by Sheng Xiao and the others, Sheng Kai felt rather uncomfortable. He did not know why, but Sheng Bowen’s ability was average. But how was he always able to turn misfortune into luck? It was as if everyone was rushing to help him solve his problems. What was this?

In the past, he had worked so hard for Huang Yao and for his grandfather. He was willing to give anything, but in the end?

Now, it was like a complete joke.

Perhaps those people in the Sheng family had never treated him as a family.

For this, Sheng Kai called Jin Bo and said in an unconvinced tone, “Godfather, Sheng Bowen is fine…”

“He’s fine. It’s still an unknown fact. Why are you so impatient?” On Jin Bo’s side, he patiently lectured him.

“But…”

“Just wait and see, child. There’s still a good show to come. You should know that the lawyer Sheng Xiao hired from abroad to defend Sheng Bowen is my student. After he arrived in Jianchuan last night, he called me.”

Sheng Kai realized something after hearing this. He quickly said to Jin Bo, “If that’s the case, then I’ll have to trouble you to take care of this matter.”

“I said that I’ll give you a big gift. I won’t let you down!”

With that, Sheng Kai was relieved. Even if Sheng Xiao had planned everything, he would never have expected that he would be sending a sheep to the tiger’s mouth just by hiring a lawyer for Sheng Bowen.

If Sheng Bowen found out about this in the future, would he hate Sheng Xiao to the core?

..

The next day at noon, Sheng Xiao arranged to meet the lawyer. The lawyer had handled many cases like Sheng Bowen’s. He was very experienced in such cases.

Sheng Xiao arranged lunch near Zhongteng. It seemed like he wanted to discuss the case with him personally although he did not need to understand how a lawyer could win a case. He spent money to hire people and did the most professional thing, and he did not need to do it himself.

The reason why he insisted on meeting this lawyer was because he had to make sure that he could be trusted.

After Mu Qiqi heard about it, she also wanted to meet this person, so she took advantage of the school’s lunch break to go to the restaurant that Sheng Xiao had arranged to meet.

The other party was about 27 or 28 years old and was quite a good-looking man. He was very popular with girls and quite fashionable. He wore a dark green suit and looked very pleasing to the eye.

When Sheng Xiao saw Mu Qiqi, he beckoned her with his finger.

Mu Qiqi took the seat next to Sheng Xiao. She picked up his coffee cup and drank from it without any distinction between the two of them.

“Sorry for running all the way here…”

Sheng Xiao took the opportunity to remove a leaf from Mu Qiqi’s head. The two of them were very close and it was obvious.

Then, the waiter in the restaurant served Mu Qiqi with bowls and chopsticks.

“Hello, Mr. Lawyer.”

“Hello,” the lawyer sitting opposite the two of them replied, smiling.

“This is my wife. Don’t mind her, Lawyer Shen. She just likes to join in on the fun.” Sheng Xiao finished his introduction with a few words and then motioned for Mu Qiqi to bury herself in the food and not interrupt.