Chapter 681-690

Chapter 681: I’ll Accompany You
Sheng Xiao looked down at his little one from above. It seemed like she would not stop until gained some new insights today.

Therefore, he took the opportunity to sit down on the sofa and scoop her up onto his legs.

“Tell me, why can’t you figure it out?”

Mu Qiqi wrapped her arms around Sheng Xiao’s neck and told him roughly what they had discovered today, including the fact that they had found out that The Dark Abyss had livestreamed the murder. The one thing that was stuck in her mind right now was how and why the youths were willing to die.

“You spent 100,000 yuan to become a member of the forum. What did you discover after you got in?”

“You can gamble. You can get rich overnight,” Mu Qiqi answered Sheng Xiao’s question.

“You also said before that those eight children didn’t come from good families. If they heard that they could get rich overnight through the forum, what would they do?”

“Go to the forum.”

“But they don’t have the money to register,” Sheng Xiao reminded her. “You spent 100,000 yuan just to register. If you gambled it all away, so at worst, it would be gone. But what about them?”

Mu Qiqi fell into deep thought.

“If they really heard about the forum and wanted to gamble on this opportunity, they would definitely think of a way to raise the money. But the people in the bureau had conducted an investigation on their financial situations and found nothing unusual.”

Sheng Xiao pinched her nose after hearing this. “Seems like I really have to bring you to the casino in the future.”

“If a gambler has nothing, does that mean that he can’t gamble?”

“No, he can mortgage his clothes, hands and feet, kidneys, eyes, and even… life. He’ll give them whatever they want.”

Mu Qiqi was suddenly enlightened.

“I understand now.”

“You understand? Then do you know what to do now?” Sheng Xiao looked at the little one meaningfully.

“Previously, I spent money directly when I registered in the forum. The higher my spending, the more benefits I will get. So after my expenditure reaches a million yuan, I can receive the live broadcast address sent by the system.”

“And what if I have no money but want to spend in the forum?”

Sheng Xiao immediately smiled when he heard this. Giving her a reminder was not in something in vain. This little one was so predictable.

“You’re excited, aren’t you?”

Mu Qiqi hugged Sheng Xiao’s neck and nodded non-stop. “Yes, yes. I really want to test it out.”

“Test it out?” Sheng Xiao directly picked her up. “Do you still have me in your eyes? Hmm?”

Mu Qiqi quickly wrapped her arms around Sheng Xiao’s neck. “Of course there’s you. I’ll always have you!”

Sheng Xiao placed her on the bed and pressed himself against her. He had not ‘fixed’ this little one recently and she had almost forgotten who her husband was.

Mu Qiqi lay on the bed and looked at Sheng Xiao. Soon, she put the matter of the forum at the back of her mind.

While investigating a case was important, it was also important to appease a jealous man…