Chapter 491-500

Chapter 491: No Man? Am I Not One?

Upstairs, a hot sleepless night had begun. Their bodies were intertwining with each other again and again.

As for the elders downstairs, they chatted happily until late night before going home.

In such a loving family, when Mu Qiqi and Sheng Xiao's baby was born, how would it be pampered by them?

But with the situation Xiao Qi was in currently, having a child seemed to be too early for her.

...

Late night, at Lu Mansion.

Lu Qianqian had just taken her bath and was getting ready to go to bed. But suddenly, she felt something was moving beneath the blanket.

She was shocked and quickly pulled her blanket. There she saw a big black mamba lying on her bed.

She paled and shouted, "Mommy!"

Mama Lu heard her scream and rushed into her room. Then, she saw more snacks at the dressing table. And Lu Qianqian was trapped in the bathroom for now.

"Mommy, there are snakes."

Mama Lu was shocked. She immediately got the bodyguards to get rid of the snacks. After they had captured all the snacks they saw, she got Lu Qianqian out of the bathroom. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

Lu Qianqian shook her head. But she still looked pale. Thinking back what she saw just now, her body shivered with fear.

"Let's sleep at a hotel tonight and let them check and clear the whole area. Otherwise, you will not be able to get a good rest."

Mama Lu and Lu Qianqian booked a hotel nearby. It wasn't until when she was sitting on the sofa that Lu Qianqian calmed down and gathered her thoughts. "Someone must have done this deliberately."

"We shall look into the matter tomorrow." Mama Lu hugged Lu Qianqian and coaxed her to sleep. "Get some sleep. You still have to go to the company tomorrow. Stay strong, I am here for you."

Lu Qianqian hugged Mama Lu. Her hands were still trembling. There was no man in the family now. and with just the two of them in the family, they were easily bullied as they were too weak to fight back.

"Mommy, are you not scared?"

"If I am scared, who will support us?" Mama Lu patted Lu Qianqian on the back.

Lu Qianqian teared up. But she did not let herself cry. "I better not find out who did this. Or else, I will repay him twice as much."

"Your uncles could not do anything to you now. So they could only use these dirty tricks to disgust us. Well, it's late, let's sleep already."

Lu Qianqian nodded. She resisted her fear and closed her eyes. But in the middle of the night, she was still awakened by her nightmare. She dared not tell her mother. She was afraid of revealing her weakness. So, she went into the bathroom and wept sadly.

Now, she had nobody else to depend on, so she texted Lin Mu'an.

"Mu'an."

Lin Mu'an had set a special ringtone for Lu Qianqian's number to remind himself to reply to her message anytime when she texted him.

"What's wrong?" Lin Mu'an lay on his side to block the light of the phone.

"My mother and I are staying in a hotel tonight. There were snakes in my house."

Lin Mu'an sat straight up from the bed immediately. "Were you bitten by the snakes?"

"No, I'm just scared and want to talk to you."