Chapter 421-430

Chapter 421: You've Hidden Long Enough, Haven't You?

Time flew, and soon, half a year had passed.

With Sheng Kai and Gu Ziling's union, Huang Yao rose to the next level and became an empire of diamonds famous throughout Asia in a single bound, realizing their plans to expand their domain and leaving Old Sheng very content.

With such results, the old man no longer fussed about whether it was Sheng Xiao or Sheng Kai who stood at the helm of the company.

However, he still held a terrible grudge against Sheng Xiao, because he felt that he was a blemish in his existence.

But no matter how he hated Sheng Xiao, Sheng Xiao had been hiding all the whole six months at the Shen residence as their NEET son-in-law, although scandals of him fighting with some rich kids would circulate from time to time.

It was as if Sheng Xiao was poisoned by Mu Qiqi, falling from being the accomplished Crown Prince to become a puddle of mud who could never be scooped up.

Meanwhile, Feng Shanshan continued to help the old man monitor Mu Qiqi.

Even so, Mu Qiqi's daily life was monotonous. She would either be at campus, home, or the forensics lab, rarely sparing the time to even meet Lu Qianqian or Sheng Minglan.

Her life was duller than a commoner's, who would at least go out with their classmates to dance, sing or even prowl around at the streets late at night.

That was why Feng Shanshan really thought that there was nothing worth watching Mu Qiqi for, because it was simply dull and flat.

However, when she and the Sheng family was not looking, Zhongteng was already stirring waves over the nation in the same six months.

Now, the company not only produce military necessitates—Sheng Xiao had also established a new research and development department as well as establish a huge production base to invent new weaponry, all while maintaining strong ties with the military.

Even though the company was drawing attention thanks to their meteoric rise, no one knew who was in charge.

Mu Qiqi often visited the base Sheng Xiao was so proud of, as well as going on trips across the world to observe and study, as well as forming ties with well-established characters.

They went to Norway and saw auroras on the most recent occasion, but only the Shen family was aware of that.

At the same time, Shen Jianchuan could walk normally now and Su Zipei's baby was born.

Nonetheless, all of them live discreetly to match Sheng Xiao's act.

***

The Sheng family was naturally even more arrogant now that they had risen to new heights.

While Gu Ziling had set an agreement with Sheng Kai before that they would have a child and she would eventually divorce him to go their separate ways, she realized that he had drawn her in after being with him for six months.

Nonetheless, there was nothing happening in her belly despite after working hard for that long.

As such, she quietly did a checkup, but the doctor revealed that she was perfectly fine, while suspecting that it was her husband who had a problem.

But how was she supposed to mention that to Sheng Kai?

It would be a wonder if he did not flip out!

On another note, when Sheng Kai returned home to find Old Sheng meeting with Feng Shanshan again, he knew that the old man's grudge was not yet appeased.