SNEAK PEEK OF REWRITE

As the title says I'm happy to announce Sugga Momma is receiving a complete rewrite!

Chapter One

Anxiety's that caused the usual fluttering of chest pains and the nausea of her empty stomach struck her like a sandstorm. So often that the crackling surprise of it hitting your bare skin was something normal, but no matter how many times she faced that odd dry storm she found herself unaware of when it would hit and even how to deal with it when it did. Today when the normal symptoms of that uneasiness blew at her head on, she faced it by watching the neon outline of her alarm clock. Its green glow mocking her eyes that hung low and bringing color to her fingernails that sat in between her teeth. 

The intensity of her stare had to be intimidated to the old hard working electronic. Its ticking of the light counting down hoping to do its job.

It never got the chance.

Brooke Williams slim hand met the end of the clock's job by pushing down the rectangle button on top. The only task it was equipped to do, other than its staticky attempts to try playing the radio, taken away by a girl already dressed for the day. Her smile fooling anyone to think her anxiety was simply the side effects of a morning person. Her hair put together and combed by her hands, her shiny lip gloss coating her already colorful lips and calculated make up. Her calculations must have been off however as she stared at herself for a moment longer. Her green eyes straying down to her lips where she saw the smudge of the lip stick underneath. A travesty she thought taking one of her make up wipes and wiping it all away to start over.

The attention she used to re-apply her mask was so high that the knocking of her father at her door had not even caused her to twitch. The only thing she heard was the indent of her lip from the soft brush that grazed the color onto her. It didn't really make a sound in the way most people would hear it. She heard it in the way of her heartbeat evening out when she accomplished her task with no error to her eyes. The usual thud feeling mellow and soft like the tap of her nails on the dining table.

"Already dressed?"  Her father's words, while most of the time being calm and steady, wavered with his intrusion. His sorry face showing itself as he rubbed his hands onto his flowered apron that protected his white shirt. Brooke did not get upset but she sighed before wiping off her lip-gloss once again to redo it. This time without it getting out of line. "I just wanted to let you know breakfast is ready." He took a small glance around the room to make sure everything was in order and of course it was. Brooke although a spitting image of her mother had the same overachieving attitude of her father. The cleanliness of her room mimicking the rest of the house to a T. No piece of furniture, decoration, paper, or speck of dust was out of place.

Brooke finally being satisfied with her make-up smiled up at the man who seemed to twitch at something being off. She got the hint quickly and smoothed out her bed where she had been laying before picking up her backpack and situating it onto her back.

"I went a little crazy this morning and made loaded omelets."

This caught her by surprise. "But it's Thursday." She narrowed her eyes at the man. "We have that on Mondays."

He followed her into the hallway with a humorous strut. "Thought I would switch it up this week."

"What has gotten into you?" The girl looked at the food ready for her and shook her head at the extreme change. "We just moved here four weeks ago, and you think we need more out of the ordinary things?"

The apron was subject to his hand sweat again as he wiped them continuously. His anxiety making the one thing his mother left him before she passed away having a hard time staying together. "How are you coping with all the changes?"